I got a new mentor. Here’s the email I sent her today explaining my plan and such for the year. You can read it too…. Hi Sophie. My cellphone is currently at my Mothers home in Levin… I will have it later back late next week. Best contact is via email. I check daily. I’m useless with a cellphone. I’m really happy to be back at TLC… Roberts block this week. Over the holidays I focused on digital painting. Normally I draw and paint from a life model (pencil/color pencil/crayon/acrylic). This term I’m doing Life drawing on Monday with Dan and painting with Marc on Thursday. I life paint every 2nd Friday. On days I don’t go into TLC I’ve planned several exercises:
- Sketchbook. I’ve used these for years and will continue doing so. Pencil, Colored Pencil, pen, watercolor. I like to get outside and draw from life – people, buildings, trees, anything I find interesting.
- Website. Working on a new design. Continue with regular posting. Get some guest post/collaboration happening. Launch a programming blog in March (so need to work on the design for this)
- Reddit SketchDaily. I’ve been doing this for the past month and a half and will keep it up
- Environment of the Week – ConceptArt.org - I’ve never entered artwork – the standard is high. I plan to start working on the themes and upload paintings for it.
- Video. Continue with recording of digital painting. Expand to oil painting. Commentary.
- Programming. Currently working with Python, and learning C++. I see programming going hand to hand with art.