People were angry about the Resistance releasing the Specimens into the public. Marches and Protests increased. Lobby groups and hunting parties were formed in order to track down John and Harris. It was becoming increasing unsafe for them to stay at the motel. They had given fake names and tried to chance appearances - cutting hair, growing beards. The management at the motel was becoming increasing suspicious of John and Harris. Worse yet - they were beginning to run low on cash. They had avoided using their credit cards as they knew that the Company would be watching the transactions. They were gaining tired of hiding and really just wanted to face the Company. They had been training the Specimen. It had became very loyal to John but he still worried about how it would interact against Pepper - would it remember who created it and developed or would the loyally be given to John who had given it freedom and worthiness in life. John hoped that it would choose him.

The reason why The Company attacked the Govt and downfall of it was because they wanted to have control.

John and Harris diverse a plan to lure Pepper and Mary to where they were. They had two choices. They could run and avoid The Company. There were islands offshore that they might be able to travel to. It would be hard for the Company to find them. Being on the mainland meant that Company could easily find them. Decided to buy a boat with the last remaining money that they had left over. They had to buy the boat from the black market. The Company had made it illegal to buy boats in order to stop people from moving away from the mainland. The boat was going to be expensive and they would have little money left afterwards. They had organised to buy the boat. They packed the small amount of gear they had into the car along with the Specimen and drove to the nearby docks where they would buy the boat and leave the mainland. After they had brought the boat and as John and the Specimen were getting into the boat Harris said he had one last task to do and that he would be back soon. John waiting with the boat for Harris to return. Harris made his way up the path away from the water. There was a nearby money machine that he used his card and withdraw his daily limit. Pepper and Mary were immediacy notified of his withdraw. Harris knew this but he had a plan. He hurried back to the boat. When he hanged John the cash John knew straight away that The Company would be on their way. He was annoyed. They had the boat, they could get off this mainland and far away when The Company couldn’t find them. Harris explained that he had unfinished business with The Company and couldn’t come with him. John would have to take the money and leave the mainland - taking the Specimen with him. Harris had given him a large amount of cash - John would be able to survive for a very long time on the islands with it. John and Harris said their goodbyes. They knew it was highly likely that they would never see each other again.

Mary received an alert that Harris Credit Card had been used. She had been given approval to use The Company plane to reach the location quickly. Mary was sleeping at home when the alert went off. The alarm woke her straight away and she got up and dressed - heading straight out the door. She had no time to shower or drink. Mary sent a message to Pepper that she was heading to the helicopter. It was highly likely that Pepper would want to fly there also. Mary couldn’t wait for her to arrive. Pepper told Mary that she would be at the plane and to not leave without her. When Mary arrived at the airport Pepper was already there - ready to fly to the location that the alert of Harris card usage came from. The two boarded the plane. It was a small helicopter and would be able to land on the roof of the building. Mary and Pepper went into the helicopter and it took off. During the trip Mary looked over the data that had been gathered when Harris used the credit card. It had been used at a eftpos machine to withdraw the max amount of cash that he was able that day. Along with the data on the eftpos machine and cash withdrawn Mary received images from the security camera. It clearly showed Harris walking up to the machine and withdrawing the money. He made no effect to hide the fact that it was him. As he walked away from the machine he turned back and gave a wave. Mary gave a slight laugh. He knew she would be looking at this footage. Mary expanded the area around the eftpos machine - looking for key areas that Harris and John could be located. It was a small coastal town that he was located it. No known Resistance members were located there - although it was a hot spot for black market boats. Mary suspected that Harris and John might be trying to get away on a boat. They would of already needed to have received the boat before the cash was withdrawn. Mary and Pepper would arrive to stop them before they go away. Mary was a little worried that she might lose them again if they left the mainland. The Company had little control over some of the smaller offshore islands. It would be very problematic for The Company if the Specimen was taken offshore also.

Harris watched as John and the Specimen sailed off into the distance. He would of liked to be on the boat with them but he wanted to stay behind in order to kill Mary for killing his Father. That’s what it came down to in the end. Overhead he heard the helicopter. He knew that it would be Mary. She had tracked him to the location. Harris was prepared for her. He had with him a Specimen. It wasn’t the original one that had attacked them and followed them to the motel. It was a clone of it. When John had been sleeping Harris spent his time creating a copy of the Specimen. It took him sometime but he managed to successfully copy it. He never told John about it because he wasn’t sure if he would approve or not. The Helicopter landed nearby and two figures jumped out and headed towards Harris. Straight away Harris knew that it was Mary and Pepper. They approached him. They were not carrying any weapons. Harris took a cautious stance. Mary asked him where the Specimen was. Harris told her that it was far away by now and you would never reach it. Harris told Mary that he knew now that it was her that killed his Father. Harris yelled the order to attack and the Specimen rushed at Mary - blood sprayed as it clawed her body. Pepper screamed and rushed towards Mary - attempting to rip the Specimen off her body. She finally ripped it off and Mary collapsed to the ground. Pepper turned towards Harris and charged at him - knocking him to the ground. She begin the punch him. Harris just laughed. The Specimen crawled up on Peppers shoulder and looked down at Harris. It pounced into Harris face.

John and the Specimen were too far out to sea to hear any of the events that had taken place on the shoreline. John had with him a boat, a wallet full of money, and the Specimen. As long as he stayed safe and away from The Company he would be OK. He sailed for several hours before reaching a shoreline. He had never left the mainland so was not really sure what he was going to be facing. He reached the wharf and unlocked himself and the Specimen. He tired the boat up to the dock. The place seemed quiet and empty. He had only ever read about the island outside of the mainland - he hadn’t even seen photographs. He made his way off the shore and towards the nearby town. He was tired and needed to find somewhere to sleep. He walked for sometime around the town looking for anyone that may help him with somewhere to stay. The town was a ghost town. It seemed like no one lived there anymore. John finally came across a building that looked like a hotel. It was run down and looked like it had not had people in for a long time. John knocked on the door. No answer. He tried the door but it was locked. John decided to smash a window and climb in. He needed somewhere to sleep. John climbed through the window. He had entered the lobby of the hotel. There was no sign of a guest book or any information at the regisationion. He carried on. John was hungry and decided to check the kitchen for any food. He found some tinned fruit that he was able to open and eat. It wasn’t a hot meal but it was better than nothing. John washed his plate and headed towards the guest bedrooms. He found a room. The bed was already made and it climbed in and fell off to sleep straight away. John slept peacefully. The bed was better than the beds that he had been sleeping on at the motel. He wondered what had happened to Harris and if he was still alive. When John woke in the morning he got up and had a shower. There was no hot water but the cold water was still running. John was happy with a cold shower. He made his way to the kitchen for some more food. He opened another tin of fruit and started to eat it. He decided he was going to need to find some different types of food. These cans of fruit would not last him long. He had all this cash but nothing to spend it on.


John dropped his pen that he had been taking notes with and moved towards the Specimen. It seemed to be calling him. Very slowly he moved his hands towards the Specimen. It stopped dancing and froze for a moment. John stopped moving his hand forward and froze also. To Johns surprise the Specimen jumped into his hands. It didn’t attack him. It wanted to be friends. John realised something was very different about this Specimen. Something all the others didn’t have. He wanted to wake Harris up and show him. He walked into the bedroom still carrying the Specimen. John looked at the sleeping body of Harris and John decided to wait until Harris woke up. He had considered going to sleep but he decided it was best that he stay awake and make sure the Specimen was OK. By the time that Harris woke up he was extremely tired and just wanted to sleep. Harris awoke and John showed him the Specimen. Harris was happy. He knew that it could be used against the Company. The Specimen didn't seem to like Harris as much as John but he was able to tolerate him. Harris looking after the Specimen well Harris slept. Like John he knew that the Specimen was key to their fight back against the Company. With all the bad luck he had had he was happy that he had the Specimen. He missed his Aunt. She had raised him as his own. Nobody knew it but Harris knew that his Father had died on the Attack on the Govt. He was the Prime minister. All connections between Harris and his Father were destroyed. The Resistance and The Company both didn’t know who he was related to. His Aunt was the Sister of his Mother who had died giving birth to Harris. Harris was an only child.

Pepper and Mary arrived at the area where the Specimens were reported. They went house to house and gathered up each Specimen that was on the loose. Police had cornered off an area where a woman's body was located. After Pepper and Mary had gathered all the Specimen into their cages they went to the location of the woman's body. It was hard to recognise the woman but they were sure that it was Harris Aunt. The Specimens had killed and fed off her. It was a mess. Counting the Specimens that they had gathered up they realised that one of missing. Pepper knew straight away which one was missing. It was the first specimen she had created. Her priced position. No one had reported any more so they had to assume that Harris and John had the Specimen. Pepper couldn’t stop thinking about the Specimen. It had never been away from her. It was activated and she wasn’t able to reactive. She wanted more than anything to see the Specimen. Mary reassured her that they would track it down and she would be reunited with her Specimen. They had finished cleaning up the area and able to search for Harris and John. They knew the two would be running out of location to tay. They had been driven out of so many areas already - the Resistance Headquarters, The Company Camp, Harris Aunt Home. They would be getting desperate on locations. Mary decided to check all hotel and motels in the area. No payments were shown on either Harris or Johns credit cards. The Company had not cancel ed the cards on the rare chance that they made a mistake and made a payment. The last payment they made was from an eftpos machine in the area that that the Specials were reported. That was their last chance to use the card and know the could get away with it - because the Company was already looking for them in the area. The amount of cash that was withdrawn was the daily limit. It would last them for sometime. Pepper and Mary had several choices. They could keep looking for Harris and John or they could return to a Company Camp and gather intel - waiting for Harris and John to use their credit cards. It had been setup so if a credit card was used Mary would immediacy be informed - they would have to rush quickly to the location if they wanted to capture them. They may also get lucky an someone might report the Specimen that would be travelling with Harris and John. Mary and Pepper decided the best option was to go back to the Company Camp and wait for the next move. They had spent too much time chasing and needed to step back - waiting and hoping that Harris and John make a mistake.

Mary and Pepper decided to leave the scene with the specimens that they had collected. Out of the choices of heading to the Company Camp or hunt further for Harris and John they decided to go to the Company Camp. They returned to the Company Camp much the same way that they got there. Mary drove her scooter and Pepper rode on the back. They reached the train station and brought two trains tickets. The trip back to the Company Camp was long but they were able to sleep in a private cabin. Once they reached the destination they got off with scooter and rode it back to the Company Camp. Now they just needed for Harris and John to make a mistake.

Mary and Pepper were back at the Company Camp. Pepper was able to draft a statement to the media. She sat in her office and wrote. “Today the Resistance unleaded a weapon known as the Specimen Project. Developed over years the Specimen Project had a goal of creating killing creatures that they would use to harm the People and The Company. This is unacceptable and The Company swiftly took action against the Resistance and the Specimens that they released. Three suspects were involved in the attack - John, Harris and a woman related to Harris. The Company believes that it was his Aunt - his Mothers Sister. The Company is happy to announce one of these criminals has died due to injuries from the unstable Specimens. The victim was Harris Aunt. John and Harris are still on the loose and anyone with any information about their whereabouts must contact The Company. Withholding information is a crime and The Company will punish. We thank the good people for their continued support in the Company.” Pepper put her pen down. It would have to be checked over by The Company quality assurance department but she was happy with what she had written so far. Pepper transferred the file to the department. She would have to wait several hours before it came back to her. Likely changes would be made. If Pepper was happy with the changes they made she could release. If she wanted to make more changes she needed to send it back to quality assurance. This happened rarely. Pepper normally released a media statement once it returned to her. She only ever one or twice disagreed with some of the changes they had made. Pepper decided to catch up with Mary well waiting for quality assurance to get back to her. Pepper found Mary in her office working through the Documents about John and Harris. The majority of Specimens were returned to the Company Camp but there was still one o the loose. This worried Mary almost as much as Pepper. Mary knew she would be the one that would need to attack. Pepper was good at what she does - Science and Public Relations but not fighting. Both Pepper and Mary knew this. This was one of the reasons why they made such as powerful team - they had skills to complement each other. Pepper had made them both a cup of coffee. She knocked on Mary's officer door and walked in. Mary looked up with a smile on her face. Pepper passed Mary her the cup of coffee. Mary thanked Pepper. Pepper took a seat and started to look through the Documents with Mary. Pepper could tell that Mary had been busy sorting through the Documents and information that The Company had on Harris and John when Pepper had been working on the statement to the media. Finally quality assurance got back to Pepper over the media release. To Peppers surprise they had made changes to the release. They had added more details on the locations that Harris and John were last seen along with the fact they might be carrying a dangerous Specimen with them. They were not to be approached. Pepper was annoyed with herself for not thinking to add these details herself. Sometimes she was happy that she had the quality assurance team that would look over her releases. It was much different with her Science developments - she had free Regina. The Company was not happy with her about the Specimens leaving the building. They knew it wasn’t totally her fault though - Harris had came up with a complex plan. Still Pepper worried that her future Science Developments would not be so free and she may be given restrictions similar to what she has with her Public Relation releases. The thought of checking with quality assurance every time she wanted to make a change to the Specimens made Pepper unhappy. That’s not what she wanted. She was prepared to fight for not having the quality assurance. Pepper knew that Mary would back her up also. Mary always did. She was good like that. Pepper was happy with the media statement that quality assurance sent back. She decided to show it to Mary and get her feedback. Mary wasn’t interested in reading the statement. She said that she was sure that it was fine and that she should just release it to the media. Pepper didn’t pester her further - she knew that Mary wasn’t a fan of dealing with the media. That’s what Pepper is for Mary would say.

Harris was watching the news with the Specian in his hands when the news switched to breaking news. Pepper was in front of the company camp and gaves a statement about the events that had happened the previous day involving Harris and John. Harris was suprised how much of the truth they left in to the statment. They did lie about the fact that it was the Resistance that released the Specimans. Harris knew that it would be Pepper that remotly actived it. Aside for this everything else they said was OK. Harris was not worried. Once John awoke he would hear the news and would likely be more worried than Harris. They still didn’t really have a plan. They were stuck in this motel room until the Company busted down the door and killed them - taking back the Speciman or they could go on the offensive - attacking the Company again.


The laws that were being discussing the courtroom between the Judge and the Lawyers was the expansion of specimen development that Pepper had been working on. The Company wanted to take her project worldwide. To build enough of the Specimens to attack the world. They could be powerful and the Company could unless great fury to any that stood in their way. It was slightly puzzling why they needed to be in court for it, but under the bill that the govt had passed to transfer power to the Company should anything happen to the Govt it had details that any law that was pass needed to be argued by two sides. The Company had corrupted both sides. The two Lawyers that argued their points in fact worked for the Company. The Judge was well paid by the Company. It was a corrupt system but it didn’t seem to be going away. People missed the govt and were annoyed at the Resistance for the attack. It left so many without their Family and Friends.

When specimen woke it was surrounded by children. They stood over it in amazement of what Pepper had created. It had no memory before this time. It was the first time that he had been created. It was quite helpless. With it’s two eyes it was able to look around the room. Posters and diagrams covered the walls. Mostly the children work. One of the children poked it’s finger at the specimen. The specimen was helpless to retaliate. It closed it’s eyes and the specimen heard gasps of amazement from the children. The finger moved away from the specimen. It opened it’s eyes again. There was one girl staring at it. The specimen believed this was the Creator. The specimen watched it carefully as they gently picked the specimen up off the table and bringing the specimen close to their face. A smile appeared on the girls face. There were some bangs on the door. Then everything went black for the Specimen. Pepper had deactivated it. When the specimen woke up it knew it had changed. No longer could it only use it’s eyes too look around but it could move around the surface. It’s tiny legs allowed it to scurry around the surface. Looking around there was only one person looking at it. It remembered her face. It would never forget that face. A smile came over her face. It was the same smile as before. She must of been so proud of the Specimen and how it could now move. The specimen continues to walk up and down the surface. Suddenly it felt itself falling. Pepper reached out and caught it before it hit the ground. She had saved it. Not only did she bring it into this world, she saved it from death. The specimen would be forever grateful. Pepper held the specimen in her hands and brought it close to her - similar to the first time. Everything went dark again for the specimen. Pepper had deactivate it. The next time the specimen awoke it knew it had changed. It’s legs had been improved. No longer did it just be able to scurry up and down on the surface it was able to jump and move quickly, dodge. A greater sense of agile. It was able to jump off the table and land on the ground safely. Like last time - Pepper was the only person in the room. Along with the improvement to it’s movement the specimen realised that along with the improved movement it had claws that it was able to open and close. In front of it was a glass test tube. It rushed forward and attacked the glass test tube with it’s claws. Pepper picked it up and moved it close to her. Like the previous two times everything went black for the specimen. Pepper had yet again deactivate it. Again the specimen awoke. Along with all the previous changes the claws were improved. They were sharper and longer. More of a weapon than before. The specimen wanted to get out of the room. It jumped from the surface out of an open window. Behind it could hear Pepper yell and run out of the room. The specimen knew it didn’t have long but it would do as much damage as it could before it was stopped. It saw children sitting eating their food. It rushed towards them and attached itself to a child - clawing their body. The body screamed - trying to rip it off. Pepper rushed up and managed to rip it off the child. Pepper wasn’t smiling this time. Instead a frown formed on it’s face. Pepper brought the specimen close to her face. Once again everything went dark. Pepper had deactivate it. The next time that the specimen woke up it was in a different location. The windows were sealed so it wasn’t able to escape. It realised attacking the child had been too much and it wasn’t going to escape again. This made it sad. Over the years the Specimen was actives many times. It grew in power and training. Every time in the lab at Peppers home. After a few years it was actives in a new room. The Company Camp. This was much like the lab in Peppers home. The only difference to the specimens here was Pepper developed a technique to remotely activate them. She had issues with reactive them remotely. The specimen remembers clearly the say it was removed from the Company Camp. It along with the multiply clones of itself that had been created. It was unable to move but deactivated now put the specimen into a hibernate state. Two figures that specimen had never seen before had came into the room and removed the specimen from it’s cage and moved it into a cardboard box. The specimen knew something was wrong. It was being taken away by someone that wasn't Pepper. The specimen knew that Pepper was the one that was in charge of the specimen and it was awkward and weird having someone else. The specimen could hear sounds around it but not see anything - except for the cardboard box that it was placed in. The specimen could hear the sound of the elevator opening and descending down. Out onto the street the specimen could hear more sounds. Cars and people going up and down the street. When the specimen was finally actives it was driving down the road with three people. The specimen was happy to be activated finally. Pepper must of actives it remotely. It was able to jump out of the cardboard box - attacking the people in the car. The specimen attached itself to the old woman. Blood squirted over the cars internals. The other two figures jumped out of the car The specimen still hanged on to the old woman clawing away. It felt the old woman's heart stop and moved onto the two figures. The other specimens had surrounded the two figures. The specimen decided to stay back. It wasn’t sure attacking these two now was the best option. Instead it decided to hide under the seat. It wanted to see what would happen next. It watched from under the seat as the two figured backed up to the car. They reached for the old woman's body and threw it into the swarm of other specimens. Distracted they attacked it - giving time for the two figures to get into the car and drive away. The specimen knew it was different. It was the first that Pepper had created. It was smarter than the others. It had control of its self. It was able to think and decide for it’s self. The others didn’t have this. The specimen didn’t know if it wanted to go back to Pepper or stay with these new people. Maybe these new people wouldn’t lock it up. Maybe they believed that it could change.

John and Harris decided to stay at a motel. They had been driving for hours - trying to get away from the Company. John had been driving the majority of the ride as Harris was still grieving over his dead Aunt. A sleep might be just what Harris needed. In the morning he might feel better. They pulled the car over and went inside to the reception. They ordered a one bedroom room with twin beds. Harris was able to pay for the room with cash. An electronic transaction might be tracked by the company so they avoided using the cards they had - only cash. John was given the keys for the room and the two made their way over to the room. The sun was setting as they walked through the car park towards the room. Bright red rays shined down on them. A red sunset always meant for a nice day the following day John believed. They reached the door and John put the key in and turned. The door opened and they walked inside. The room was advarge. It had two single beds with a dresser next to it. There was a small kitchen along with a bathroom - shower and toilet. The place would be fine until they sorted out what they were going to do next. After brushing his teeth Harris went straight to bed. He was tired and just wanted to sleep and put the day behind him. John couldn’t sleep and stayed up - reflecting on the Documents and taking notes on what he could remember. He was annoyed that he had left them behind at Harris Aunt home. He had to try to remember what they had said - going over them in his head. As he was writing his notes a noise alerted him. He looked up and saw a specimen walking over the table. It must of been one of the ones that attacked him and Harris that day. This one seemed harmless though - like it didn’t want to attack him. It was moving back and forward on the desk - almost as it was dancing.


Mary checked with the Judge. He confirmed with her that he was the real Judge and not the decoy. He was able to give all the information to Mary that John and Harris had extracted from the Judge and the Lawyers. This was good for the Company. They knew now how much information John and Harris had. Mary decided it was time to contact Pepper and give her the good news. When Mary got hold of Pepper she gave her the news that Harris had been at Harris Aunt place all along. Pepper gave Mary the information that an old woman had given her information that she had seen Harris and John walk past her home. Mary doubted that this woman that Pepper was telling truth. Maybe she had dimentur or something. The Company would test her and see the details. The Company had wasted enough time searching around the area that Pepper was and they needed to pour all their resources into Harris Aunt home and the area. Mary knew that John and Harris wouldn’t get far with the specimens.

John sat in the car holding the specimens. They had left the documents behind but the specimens were too important to leave behind. Harris drove the car and his Aunt sat in the front seat beside him. Both Harris and John had to leave the building quickly and sneaky when Mary came knocking. They were not expecting that Mary would come knocking. They thought they were safely away from the Company. John wondered how Mary managed to track down his Aunts address. Harris had reassured him that the Company had no information on the link between him and his Aunt but they must of found something otherwise Mary wouldn’t of showed up. Harris Aunt managed to distract Mary long enough for Harris and John to get out of the building with the specimen and get the car ready for when Harris Aunt would walk out of the house and get into the car. When Mary sneaked upstairs Harris Aunt knew she had to get out of the building. She moved quickly and made it out of the door and into the car where they speed off before Mary came back down stairs and noticed that Harris Aunt was gone. They had nowhere to go. They had left the Judge and Lawyer behind along with the documents. The building would be swarming with the Company. They had bribed a woman near the Company Camp to say that she saw them in the area in order to slow down anyone from finding them at Harris Aunt. Mary had figured it out though and came to Harris Aunt house. They knew that the Company effects would be focused in that area. As they were driving John thought back to the last few days and how crazy and upside down his world had become. From the attempted intercept at the courthouse, the fire and killing at the Resistance base, working for the Company and having an office at a Company Camp, to discovering the room there and smuggling the specimen out with Harris, travelling to Harris Aunt home, and being driven out again. It seemed like everywhere he went he was driven away quickly. He couldn’t seem to say at a place for long without being driven away. John still didn’t understand the specimen and what Harris plan was. It seemed they ha been running in circles and John was worried about the danger that they were in.

Pepper arrived at Harris Aunt several hours after she got the call from Mary that she had located the location of Harris and John. The woman who had told Pepper that she had seen Harris and John was taken into a Company Camp in case she had any information that may turn out to be true on Harris and John. Pepper had a crazy few days. Her life was usually quite plain. It all started in the courthouse. She was there when the Judge and Lawyers were discussing the information. Briefed on what to tell the media and crowd outside. The middle man between the media and the Company. After the courthouse she had to give statements on the Judge and Lawyers being intercepted. Information was very limited - even the Company didn’t have the whole story so it was hard for Pepper to report all the information. She spent many hours working on her perching - getting them checked over by the Company for any information that that not belong or was sensitive. Everything she released was very censored and she had no freedom for her own thoughts on the releases. The Company made this up by paying her well. She had control and considered herself good at her job. She had survived at the Company much longer than any of the public relations workers before her. For the short time that John Smith had worked at the Company Pepper worked allot with him. His work was important for the Company and it disappointed her when Harris broke into the building and convinced John to escape with him. Pepper was involved with setting up the room and she was shocked when John and Harris had broken into the room and removed the Specimens and documents. It was her life's work. Publicly Pepper was seen a public relations spokesperson by really behind the scenes she worked on developing the Specimens in the room. It started when she was in High school and studied science. She started experiments on several organisms. It became increasing volatile and the school became worried that she would harm herself or others - shutting down her experiments. Pepper ended up moving her experiments to her home and dropping out of school. She was accepted into University and studies English and Science. She did well but didn’t continue the experiments she started in high school. It was too dangerous and she contained to only conduct the experiences from home. After leaving University she was hired by the Company. They understood her experiments and allowed her to continue them - along with her own team. This was another reason why Pepper liked working for the Company - they let her do what she wanted with her science. Any other organise would be restricted what she would be allowed to do. And when they found the truth, they would shut her down. The Company was different. They let her do this.

Pepper was able to remotely activate the specimens. Once she had activated them she could control them. They were dangerous creatures. This was the main reason why the High School put a stop to Pepper doing the developments. When she first developed the specimens she was unable to remotely active the specimens. They could only be actives by the persona physically there. The first prototypes were weak and harmless. But the modifications that Pepper did caused them to be more dangerous. The High School had issues when the specimens would attack other students. They would scratch and claw at other students. Pepper was unable to stop them. Pepper promised that she would keep them under control but she couldn’t they would still attack students. Pepper was ordered to remove the specimens from the school or she would be expelled. She had already been given a warning so there was no more chances. Pepper agreed and took the developments home, never to bring them back to high school. This made high school boring for her and she ended up staying at home focusing on the experiments. Her attendance at school was low. The only classes that she would attend were English. She enjoyed public speaker and writing. She dropped out of her Science classes. They didn’t let her do what she wanted. No longer she was allowed to do her developments. It was only writing and research that she was allowed to do. Her marks were dropping in the science class. She was doing well in her English class though. Once she left high school and started at University she had he same issues there. She was not allowed to do her science development due to the danger. Instead of doing Science at University she decided to focus on English full time. She did her specimen developments at home. Money was;t an issue. At her home lab she had a full setup.

Pepper was able to remotely activate and control the specimens. She didn’t know the location of the specimens but she knew they were with Harris, John and Harris Aunt. They were driving along with the activate happened. They jumped out of the boxes that they were kept in. Nobody in the car expected it. They began clawing and attacking Harris, John and Harris Aunt. Harris slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the car along with John. They both had several of the specimens hanging onto their bodies. They ripped and pushed them off their body. Finally free they checked on Harris Aunt. They found her dead. The specimens had killed the woman. Some of the specimens had scatted off but some still hanged around, looking ready to pounce on John and Harris. The two were back to back defensive with these Specimens ready to attack them. They had no idea what to do. The two had been so lucky in their tight situations the only way out way to distract them and get out of their. Harris and John backed up towards the car. They decided to pull the body of Harris Aunt of the car. The specimens crawled closer towards them. They threw the body at them. This caused the specimens to attack the body. They were distracted enough for John and Harris to get into the car and take off. They got away. One or two of the specimens seemed to follow them but the majority seemed to stay behind - feeding off the body of Harris dead Aunt. As they drove John noticed that Harris had tears in his eyes. He was brought up by his Aunt. He never knew his parents. Both John and Harris knew that his parents had been killed in a car crash when Harris was young. John put his arm on Harris shoulder telling him that everything will be OK and that she died to save him. Harris burst out into tears. He could not drive anymore, over come with grief. They parked and John took over the driving. They had nowhere to go but couldn’t stay here. Company would be looking for them in the area.

Mary and Pepper received report that strange specimen creatures in a area were attacked people. It had to be the specimens that Pepper had actives. They were still very experimental and she was unable to remotely reactive. They had to travel to the areas that they were loose and capture them. They told people to put something heavy over the specimens such as a metal bucket and to keep an eye on them. The specimens were lead in the direction that they were located. It was going to take sometime for Pepper and Mary to clean the specimens up and Harris and John and Harris Aunt could get further away from them.


It wasn’t easy for Mary to find information on Harris childhood. Key details such as his parents identities had been erased from official records. Mary wanted to check who was involved with the erasing and if she could get the details. The details showed that Harris was brought up by his Aunt. The address in the details showed she lived several hours away. The best option for Mary to get to her was the train. She would be allowed to take her scooter on board the train. It was too dangerous for her to ride the scooter all the way to the location where Harrises Aunt lived. There was a high change that she no longer lived there. She looked up her details. She was still alive and the address matched her data. Maybe there was a chance. Mary rode her scooter down to the train station and brought a train ticket to the area that Harris Aunt lived. She had to pay extra in order to bring her scooter on. The train trip was going to be several hours but she had hired a private cabin on the train so she was able to sleep. Pepper had offered to come with Mary but she insisted on her staying behind and help the Company track down John and Harris.

Pepper usually only worked on press releases. Mary had left her to work on finding Harris and John well Mary went and visited the woman who raised Harris. Pepper had a team of police and company people that she went door to door knocking on doors and showing photographs of Harris and John asking people if they had seen him. People were quite frightened to open their doors but when it was announced that they were from the Company the people opened them - fear that the Company would suspect of them helping John and Harris. They spent hours talking to people with no luck. Finally one old lady told them that she had two men that fitted the description of John and Harris walking down the road when she was watering the flowers in her front garden. She told them they were carrying several cardboard boxes and were moving quickly. Pepper knew that those boxes that they were carrying must of contained the specimen and documents that belonged to the Company. Mary would be happy to hear that Pepper had made progress on locating John and Harris. Pepper checked the time. Mary would of made it off the train by now and would be on her scooter to Harris Aunt house. She could try contacting her now but Pepper didn’t want to interrupt or slow down Mary from talking to Harris Aunt. Mary would ring Pepper once she was finished with Harris Aunt. Pepper was looking forward to telling Mary about the old woman and the fact that she spotted Harris and John. The Company was able to focus the search to this area.

John stood over the Judge. The Judge had been sleeping but Johns presences had woken him up. Harris had caused some serious damage to the Judge and John had pleaded to take the Judge to the hospital. Harris had refused but given John medical supplies to heal the Judge with. The Judges finger had been almost removed and John began to sew it up. There was a chance that he could loose the finger and it would never operate the same. But John wasn’t going to sit around and do nothing. There were other areas of his body that needed stickers along with bandages. John wasn’t trained as a doctor but he had medical experience. All Resistance fighters were given first aid and medic training. This was especially important for when they were in the field. It could mean the difference between a Resistant fighter surviving or dying. The Judge was weak and didn’t speak. He tried to say a few words but John told him that it was important that he rest instead. It seemed the Judge wanted to tell John something though. After John was finished mending the Judges wounds he gave the Judge some painkillers. The pills caused the Judge to drift back off to sleep. John walked out the room. He needed a break before he attended to the injuries of the lawyers. He walked into the kitchen and put the jug on to make himself a cup of tea. He opened the container that contained the tea bags and put one in the cup. He noticed the cup was quite dirty so before he dropped the tea bag inside he left it on the bench and moved towards the sink with the cup where he gave it a wash with warm water and soap. John remembered that Harris had always been terrible at washing dishes. Harris was in his office and John gave a yell - asking him if he wanted a drink also. Harris yelled back that he was busy. John helped himself from a cookie from the cookie jar and took a seat on the table and drank the tea. He looked through the documents that he and Harris had taken from the room at the Company Camp. Harris was in his office doing the same thing. Once the Judge was healed they would ask him more questions about the specimen and documents. John was quite surprised by the documents that the Company had in the room. He knew now why the Company wanted to keep him alive. Why he was so important to their plans. Even now he knew they wanted to keep him alive and he knew he was safe. Harris on the other hand. They had no need to keep him alive and John suddenly became scared that they would kill him. After all these horrible things that Harris that had done John still cared for him.

Mary arrived at the house that belonged to Harris Aunt. This was where he had grown up. It was an old house. Built before the Company came into power. Someone lived there though. The lawns and gardens were well maintained. Mary walked up the steps towards the front door. The steps were a similar style to the University that she had visited just days ago. There was no doorbell but she knocked twice at the door. She could hear voices inside. An elderly woman peaked through the door. She asked Mary who she was and Mary told her the truth - her name was Mary Lynch and she worked for the Company and she was here to ask about Harris. Mary asked if the woman was Harrises Aunt. The old woman nodded. It was a great success for Mary. She was worried that she came out all this way for nothing. The old woman opened the door for Mary and invited her in. She showed her into the dining room. The old woman asked if Mary would like a drink. Mary accepted and a drink well talking about Harris would help. The old woman went into the kitchen and started to make the drink - leaving Mary in the lounge. Mary walked around the lounge. The furniture was old but it was clean and well maintained. Photos covered the wall. They were mostly of people but several landscape photos were also present. The old woman returned into the room several minutes later She carried with her a drink for both herself and Mary. Strangely Mary noticed that she was shacking. Mary suspected that something was wrong. Her first thought that there were others in the house. The old woman handed Mary the drink. Having her suspicion she decided not to drink it. The old woman asked her what she wanted to know about Harris. Mary took out her notepad and started to take notes. She wanted to know as much information as possible on Harris and his background. The old woman went on about how he was an ordinary child and she took after him after his parents died in a car crash. Mary knew straight away the old woman was lying. There was no way that Harris parents died in a car crash. The answers had been reprised. Mary asked if she could use the toilet. The woman nodded and showed Mary where it was then went back to the lounge to wait for Mary to return. Mary peaked out from the toilet and saw that the Old woman was sitting along in the lounge, drinking her drink. Now was Mary's chance to explore the house. She crept up the stairs being careful not to disturb the Old Woman. After reaching the top the first door she opened was the old woman's bedroom. Nothing strange about it. The next door was jammed but she managed to open it. Mary gasped as she saw a trail of blood. Three bodies were piled up. The room was large and split into smaller areas. It had been used a lab. Three bodies sat in the corner belonging to the Judge and Lawyer. Mary was shocked. Harris must of brought the Judge and Lawyers back here. The room was empty. Harris and John must of escaped when Mary was talking the Old Woman. Mary rushed down the stairs and found the old woman had disappeared also. It was so close and Harris and John had gotten away again. Mary went back up to the room where the bodies of the Judge and Lawyers where. She checked them. They had been dead for several days. She checked some of the rooms - to her surprise she found the Judge and Lawyers in hospital beds. Harris and John had escaped without them. This was excellent news for the Company. The Judge and Lawyers looked like they were in bad shape a medic had attended to them - their torture wounds had been mended to. Mary assumed that this might be Johns doing. Harris would of tortured them to get information about the Company Camp room and then when he returned here with John it would of been John that insisted on performing medic on the Judge and Lawyers. Mary knew that John was a good man.


Mary returned from her officer to find Johns room empty. Mary checked with Pepper but she had not seen John. They both went and checked Mary’s office and the toilets. He was gone. Back in Johns office they noticed that Johns office window was open. For a moment they were worried that he might have jumped out the window. The two woman rushed out the building but there was no sign of him. He must of been in another area of the building. Mary remembered back to Johns interest in the room and decided that would be the best place to check. She took Pepper along with her for backup. Once they reached the room they both knew something was terrible wrong. The lock on the door was unlocked. Mary knew there was no way that John would be able to get into that room. He must of had outside help. Harris was the only one that had came into contact with the Judge and Lawyers that would of told Harris about the room. Mary was annoyed. The Judge and Lawyers were trained to not give away the information. Mary hated to think about what Harris would of done to get the information. He would of kept them alive but they would be on the verge of death. The Company had lost John but at least they knew that Harris and John were working together. It was still a big lose for the Company. Mary and Pepper opened up the door to the room. Inside was trashed. Paper was scatted everywhere. Cages that held the specimen were split on the floor. Harris and John must of taken the specimens out of the building. The Judge and Lawyers would of told Harris the plan for them. Now that the Resistance had them they could use them against the Company. It was the worse outcome. Classified documents had been taken. Mary was sure that the Resistance would be planning on releasing the documents. They would be unable to do it through the media. The Company would find out and take down notices would be issued before any media spoke.

John and Harris walked out of the Company Camp without being stopped. It was very weird for John. He had never seen anyone be able to escape from a Company Camp. Every Resistance member or Govt official that had been taken into a Company Camp had never returned. And there they were - John and Harris walking out of the Company Camp unopposed. They had with them the specimens from the cages along with classified documents. The Company by now would of realised what had happened and would be hunting for them. Mary would be leading the pack. They had no transport and it was too dangerous to take public transport. After several hours of walking they reached Harris Headquarters. The building looking much the same as the Company Camp they were just in, except that it was much smaller. It had once belonged to the Company but it had been abandoned, John noticed the two dead bodies of the decoy Judge and Lawyers that Harris had killed. They were beginning to smell. John recommended to Harris that they should bury the bodies. Harris said there was too much important issues to deal with for now. As a compromise they dumped the bodies into a chest freezer where they would freeze and the smell wouldn’t be so bad. The Judge and Lawyers looked like they were in bad shape. Harris had connected them to life support after they gave the truth to him about the Company and details of what was being passed in the courthouse just days ago. Harris was hoping that they would make a recovery. He promised John that he wasn’t a murderer but only doing what was right for the Resistance. John believed him but he thought that Harris was too extreme in his tactics. Harris said there was no other way to get the information and they wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the tough choices that he made.

Mary looked over the skeleton. It brought tears to her eyes the thought of her Mother being locked in that room. Cuffed and no where to go. They told Mary that she would of died several days after being locked up there due to no liquids. The thought was unbearable for Mary. He Mother was such a lovely and kind person, It puzzled her why someone would do something like this to her. She was a plain person - an accountant that was good at her job, a good Mother and Husband. Investigates had found that Mary had been following her Husband Patrick at the time she went missing. Patrick was questioned about it but they came to no connection between Patrick having anything to do with his Wives disappearance. Patrick was quite surprised to hear that Mary had been following him. He would go to a bar after work most days and then walk home from the bar. Somewhere between the bar and their home Mary had disappeared. Patrick remembered the night quite clearly and didn’t think anything was strange about it until he got home and found Mary was not there.

Mary decided it was best to contact her Father - Patrick. He had since remarried twice since Suz went missing. After a year of her being missing she was issued with a death cert and Patrick became a willow. There was no evidence that she had left the country and hadn’t been spotted in the country. The govt had no reason to believe that it was a scam.

The Prime Minister walked up the the steps of Parliament. Security guards to both sides of him. One of them moved forward and opened the front door to Parliament for him. He walked in. He had just dropped his son - Harris off to kindergarten. It was one of the only times of the day when he got to spend time with him. His wife would insist to let the nanny take Harris but he liked to do it himself. Just because of his role for the country didn’t mean he was going to negated his only child. He was thinking about the smile and hug that Harris had given him before he went running off to play with the other students. The teacher had approached him - wanted to talk to him about something. He brushed her aside. Telling her to bring it up with his wife. The teacher smiled and waved him goodbye. The air inside Parliament tasted strange. The Prime mister sent one of his guards to check out the air condition system. He returned shortly and reported that everything was fine. The Prime minister thanked him and walked into the main chamber. Over time he would adjust to the strange taste in the air. They had several important bills to pass today including one from the Company that gave transfer of powers. Many people in Parliament thought that it was a pointless bill but the Company had insisted. At the end of the day the Govt did what the Company wanted. Some in the past were against the Company having so much power but they had be removed from Parliament. They ended up either resigning or just disappearing. The Govt opened up enquires into the disappearance but nothing came from it. The Transfer of Power bill was passed quickly before morning tea. There were lesser bills to pass. During morning tea was when the first signs of sickness was displayed in Parliament. A Janitor - one of the first to be in the building and the one to switch on the air condition collapsed in the hallway when he was sweeping. He was coughing and having trouble breathing. An ambulance was called and the building evacuated. He died before the ambulance reached him. Others displayed similar simplions - collapsing onto the ground and having issues breathing. Within minutes hundreds were infected. No one was allowed to enter the Parliament grounds and no one was allowed out in fear that they might effect others outside of the area. The Prime minister wanted to go visit his son. He was coughing heavily. Company medic team had arrived - all wearing protective suit. He was detained. Outraged he tried to leave again. He finally dropped to the ground dead. Test were taken and the results released that it was not contagious and only those that had been inside the main Parliament building were affected. Harris was too young to really understand what had happened to his Father. His Mother had died giving birth to Harris so he had to go with his Aunt Jenna - his Fathers sister. He liked to live with her - she had a son and daughter a few years older than Harris but still Harris missed his Father. A special funeral was held two days after the Prime minister died. It was well attended. Harris was there along with his Aunt and Cousins. Many people travelled from overseas to the funeral. People that the Prime minister had worked with and friends. Everyone was very shocked by the death and the attack on Parliament. The Company vouched to find those responsible. Prime minister duties were transferred to the Company board of directors which over saw new laws rushed in in order to prevent attacks like what happened to ever happen again. The Company released a public statement with Pepper their newly appointment Public Relations spoke person. When the news broke that someone inside of the Company was involved with the attack confidence of the Company dropped. People were outraged. The Company quickly cleaned up matters - blaming that those at the Company that were involved with the attack were really Resistance fighters that were undercover at the Company. The Company managed to hunt down and kill those that were involved. This brought little peace to those that had lost loved ones in the attack. They were still gone. Harris was still without a Father.


Pepper was hired by the Company to sort out the issues that arise when Mary Lynch was broadcast by the media channels as being involved with the attack on the govt. The Company had been careful to blame the attack on the Resistance but Mary was a clear link between the attack and the Company. Pepper needed to come up with a plan and quickly or the Companies future would be in danger. Pepper devised a plan that would involve labelling Mary Lynch as a Resistance agent that had gone undercover at the Company. Of course this wasn’t true, Mary had never worked for the Resistance. What was key was getting people to believe that she was. The Company hired someone that looked very much like Mary to escape, to cause trouble, and to get in the media. It would show that Mary had gone off the rails - crazy. The Company then hunted down this lookalike and killed her. To the people this looked like the end of Mary Lynch. But the truth was Mary was safe at a Company camp. She would have facial surgery to give her a new appearance. Mary agreed to everything. She really had no choice. It was her mistake for being careless and captured on television.

On the day of the attack on the govt Parliament had arranged a special meeting at the ground of Parliament. The Company were behind organising. They wanted all govt officials to be there. The Company had lost control of the govt and needed to disarm it quickly in order to gain full power. Mary Lynch had broken into the building the night before, laying poison gas into the pipes. When the air condition was turned on in the morning, anyone that entered the building within 24 hours would be poisoned. It wouldn’t kill them straight away. The short term effect was harmless but within a few hours they would be dead. It still gave them time to pass some emergency laws that gave the company power to change laws as a fall back from Parliament. Most of the politions had been bribed into it. They had been offered large checks from the Company, promises that their family would be safe. Footage leaked to the media of Mary caring the gas into the building and setting it up into the air condition. She was known to be working for the Company so the only thing that the Company could do was blame that Mary worked from the Resistance and that the Company had broken all ties with her and were involved with hunting her down. This was all a cover up.

Mary was quite surprised to find that investigators had found DNA that they connected to her amongst the bodies retrieved from the bodies in the fire. Further investigation revealed that the DNA wasn’t from Mary but in fact her Mother - Suz. They had never found Marys Mothers after she went missing one night when Mary was a teenager. The body that was retrieved was found in a hidden room in the Resistance building. It was very decomposed and they had to look at dental records in order to make sure that the body was in fact Suz. It came back as positive. Mary's Father - Patrick had died several years ago. He had links to the Resistance movement and the Company ended up killing him. Mary wanted to know if Patrick had anything to do with her Mothers death. She wished that he was still alive today so that he could ask. Had the Resistance building always belonged to the Resistance. She looked through the buildings recorded and found nothing linking the building to any other groups except for the Resistance. Had the Resistance been the ones that had killed her Mother? She wondered if John had anything to do with her Mothers death. Mary doubted it. John Smith was too young to be involved with the Resistance around the time that Suz died. Mary wanted to talk to John about it anyway. He may have heard something about it. Harris had turned into a horrible man. Had he always been this bad? Mary wanted to check with the university details and see what Harris was up to around the time that Suz went missing. If her gut feeling was true - it was Harris that killed her Mother. Mary had no idea behind the motive. She decided to leave the office and head towards the University where John and Harris both attended. There she might be able to make some inquires behind her Mothers death. She left the Company Camp and got on her scooter and headed toward the university. The grounds of the University were massive but run down. It was not well maintained. The University had found it difficult to operate over the years, even closing it’s doors for a number of years. It was open now. It had enough students to justify being open. But still every year the Company pressured it on shutting down. The worse thing that the Company wanted was strong indepent thinking. That was something that the University produced. After the attack on the govt the Company stopped all public funding to the University. The University had found other means to make money instead of relaying on the govt money. The University would not be happy to see Mary today. She wasn’t there today on a inspection though. She was there to investigate any connection between Harris and her Mothers death. Mary walked up the stone steps leading to the front entrance of the university. Leaves covered the steps. She had parked her scooter at the nearby motorcycle parking lot. Many of the students rode scooters to work so it took her sometime to find a space. There was more scooters in the parking lot than there were cars. The only ones that seemed to drive cars were the professors. Even then many of the professors also drove scooters or took public transport to work. Cars were just too expensive to own. Mary opened the front door to the University and walked in. The door creaked as it opened. It had been sometime since it had been oiled. She walked up to the desk. The woman behind the desk was not happy to see someone at the university with the Companies uniform on. Mary was greeted with a frown. “Hello. How I am help?”, the woman burst out. She realised Mary had the power to shutdown the University and send all the professors to a company camp. She forced away the frown. “Hello. My name is Mary Lynch”, Mary began. The woman behind the counter twitched. She knew Mary was high in the ranks at the Company and that this visit might not be pleasant. Mary ignored the twitch and carried on. “I’m hear on Company business to investigate on of your ex-students. A Mr Harris” Mary asked. The woman began to type onto the computer and stopped. “I’m going to need to see some identification. The University doesn’t hand out student information to just anyone”, the woman said quite nervous. Mary knew this was policy and handed the woman her identity papers. The woman looked over them and handed them back. “Everything seems to be in order. What information are you interested in on Harris?” the woman spoke. “I’d like access to all the information you have on him. From the classes he took, to absent days, to any trouble he got in” Mary asked. The woman nodded and started to type again. The printer started to print the documents off. “It’s going to be some time printing. Could we get you a drink well you wait?”, the woman asked - forcing a smile onto her face. “A coffee would be great”, Mary replied. The woman yelled behind her shoulder for a black coffee. Within minutes a man appeared carrying a coffee. He handed it to Mary and hurried back. “Thank you!”, Mary yelled as he hurried away. Mary took a seat and drank her coffee. It was going to be sometime before the documents were printed.

Johns arm had now fully recovered. He was allowed to roam the Company Camp by himself. He walked down the plain hallways looking for Mary. He hadn’t seen her for sometime and wanted to ask what the next action was to find Harris. Everyone that he passed in the hallway ignored him. He sometimes nodded at them and tried to say hello. But they were like mindless zombies. Just walking from room to room doing the Companies bidding. John was worried that he would turn into something like that. Would he become a slave to the Company. He had only agreed to help them because he wanted revenge on Harris for betraying him. He could never fully trust the Company though. They were large and evil. They had tried to kill him many times in the past and they would of killed him already but they needed his help with Harris. He wasn’t even sure what he was going to do to help. John walked for what seemed to be hours. This Company Camp was massive. Hallways and rooms connected thorough out the building. Many of the doors were locked but John could see inside them through the glass windows. Most of the rooms looked like science labs. Flasks and chemicals covered the desks. There were cages that held something. John couldn’t see what was in it. He tried to focus and look closer. His face was against the window. There was a tap on his shoulder. He was Mary. “You shouldn’t be in this area”, she spoke. Mary lead John back to his quarters and into the office they had setup for him. On the way John had many questions about the room he had seen. He knew the company was involved in many areas but he didn’t know they were so heavily involved in science. Mary dismissed his questions saying that it minor and there was nothing to worry about. John thought otherwise and wanted to know more about the room and what the Company were up to. Whenever he would ask Mary about the room she would change the subject and get him to focus on Harris. It was always about Harris. That’s all that the Company seemed to be interested in. Mary showed John the information that she had collected about Harris going back to his childhood and their time through University. John wasn’t quite sure why she was looking so far back into Harris past. The Company knew lots about him already - he worked for them for a long time. John finally convinced Mary to tell him the truth. The evidence that she had gathered that showed that Harris may of been involved with Mary's Mothers death. It was strong evidence. On the day that Suz Lynch went missing Harris had missed his classes at the University. John remembers the day. Harris had told him and his professors that he was sick. He even presented a doctors cert to show that he was in fact sick.

Harris climbed the Company Camp building. It was dangerous. If he was caught by the Company his plan would be over. It had taken him sometime but he had managed to find the area that John had been held. He watched as he talked to Mary. Harris had worked with Mary in the past. She was a good person but too loyal to the Company. Harris had to wait until John was alone. If Mary or anyone from the Company were there they would likely shoot him before he had time to explain what was happening with John. Just as he thought about giving up and returning later she finally left John. Harris held up a sign that read: ‘Open the window, don’t yell, You are in danger’. Harris tapped twice on the window. This caused John to look up and notice. John opened the window and let Harris in. They had been best friends so John let Harris explain the issues and why Harris had let the events happen as they did. John agreed to lead Harris to the room where he was earlier. Harris had gained information from the Judge and Lawyers about that very room. As John and Harris walked the corridors side by side many of the Companies employees walked past ignoring the two of them. The only one they seemed to be careful to avoid was Mary. The two finally reached the room. The Judge had given Harris the information of how to get into the room and what was inside the room. It was still a mystery to John. The information that the Judge had given Harris was a success and he was able to unlock the door. Together Harris and John walked into the room.


John awoke in a white room. He had been sleeping on a hospital bed. Everything around him was white except for a few metal objects. He knew that this was a company camp. Even though no one from the resistance had every escaped they had managed to send photos of the company camps. He had seen photos of this exact room. He was no longer handcuffed. They had been removed. He examined his wrists. A mark was still present where the cuffs had dug into his arm. John noticed that Mary was sitting next to him. She was holding a clipboard. “Ahh Mr Smith. You are finally awake” she spoke. “Hello Mary” John finally spoke. He had send nothing to her at the police cells. Mary was happy that he was finally talking. They could now discuss the issues at hand. The Company was prepared to offer John and all members of the Resistance immunity of all previous crimes committed. Mary gave John a contract to sign. If he didn’t agree to help the company he would be tortured and killed. He was given no choice and ended up agreeing to the contract. Mary gave him a black ink pen which he used to sign. She thanked him and walk out the room with the document. A smile grew on Mary's face as she closed the door behind herself. It had been too easy to get John to sign the document. She thought he might ask to get a lawyer to look over the document before he signed it. But no. He signed it on the spot. It was a great success for herself and for the company. She would be given a large pay rise for the work she had done to bring in John Smith. No longer would the Company criticise her for the mistakes she made in the past. For being captured on camera during the attack on the govt. She remembered back to that horrible night. How everything had been going so well for her then a single mistake had caused her to be broadcast on television and the Companies future at risk. They hired the top public relations team in order to calm the situation. Pepper was part of that team. Pepper had stayed on after the attack on govt issues were over. She had became loyal to the Company and Mary enjoyed working with her. They made a good team. Pepper was good with the people. Mary was good at the action and behind the scenes. Mary wondered what she ever would do if Pepper left the Company. Not many people left the Company once they started working for it. They were usually too scared. That the Company would come after them and their families and harm them. Sometimes the Company did. Especially if the Company believed that information was being leaked from them. Sometimes the Company got it wrong but they never apologised or tried to correct their mistakes. They were too powerful and large to fail. There were times when Mary had considered leaving the agency. Taking Pepper with her. They would never be able to return if they did. The Company would hunt them down. In the end Mary decided against it. It would be too much of an issue and their lives would be in too much danger. She was better to live out her live working for the Company. Working her way up the ladder.

The Company had their best doctors work on Johns arm. Within days it was as good as new. John had read through all the reports on Harris. It was still somewhat unbelievable for him that he had been around these 15 years and not made contact with him. The Company had even lost control of him. Now they had came to him to track him down and put a stop to his plans. Looking at the evidence showed that Harris had been in the courthouse when the laws were being passed. He had gone with one of the groups - the Judge and Lawyer that wasn’t intercepted by John. He had helped the Company kill the Resistance fighters waiting for them and then killed the police officers with the hand of someone. He wouldn’t of been able to kill all these police officers by himself. He needed a hand with it. John made a note that they needed to find out who helped him kill the police officers. John continued to look through the evidence file. It showed surveillance photos taken by The Company of the Resistance Headquarters. It showed Harris killing Johns fellow Resistance members. John was shocked. What had happened to this man. He was killing people that he had previously worked with. The photos showed Harris setting the explosives and once John was out of the building the explosions happened. It was as Harris had wanted John to survive. The two had been through so much together in their lives. University, Resistance fighters - and growing into powerful leaders.

After several months Patrick had given up hope of finding his wife. The police had opened up an investigation several days after she went missing. Mary suffered at school with the lose of her Mother. She was a bright student but her grade were falling and she was getting into trouble. Everything Patrick did didn’t help. He tried but it didn’t work. In the end the two ended up moving cities. Everything about the city reminded Patrick about his wife. A fresh start. along with a fresh start he got a new haircut. His hair was long and blonde. But with the new haircut it was short and brown. Mary had started at a new school. Like Patrick it was a fresh start for her. She had made new friends at her school and her grades were improving. She was no longer getting into trouble like she was at her old school. Patrick was happy with his decision to move.

Mary began to brief John on the plan. The Company had received information that Harris had been working for the Resistance. They had considering revealing to him that they knew but they didn’t. Keeping everything as normal meant they were able to track the information that he was going to be give the Resistance.

Suz was thirsty. She hadn’t seen the man again that first came into the room. The security camera in the corner was still recording. She was worried that they had forgotten about her. Her clothes were soiled and she was embarrassed. Why had she followed her husband? She wished she just had stayed home and not followed him. She regretted so much. She would yell for hours but no one would come. She had tried to escape - hooping around the room on the chair.

Harris interviewed each of the Judges and Lawyers in order to try to find out if they were the real ones or decoy. Every one of them told him that they was the correct one. They even gave evidence that showed that they were. This frustrated Harris. He had got all the Judge and Lawyers and now he didn’t know who was who. Harris ended up having to resort to more desperate measures to find out if the judge/lawyers were real or decoys. He tortured them. He started small. Electric shocks and beating them. The torture grew. He started to cut body parts off. Fingers. Toes. All six men were to be mutated for life. There was nothing the Company could do to repair these scares. Harris made sure that he didn’t kill the men. If he was to kill the Judge and Lawyers then his plan would fail. Finally one of them admitted it. They they were really police officers decided as the judge and lawyers. With that he was able to kill the decoys and keep the real ones alive. They were in a bad shape but over time they would heal and improve.


Mary arrived at the burning building as the firefighters were putting out the blaze. She wanted to hear from the police officer who was in charge of the operation. There was some confusion over what happened and if it was a Resistance mission then it was Mary's duty to investigate what happened. Mary watched as the firefighters dragged the charcoal bodies from the building. Looking closely at the bodies she could tell that it wasn’t the fire that had killed them. Someone had murdered these people. Mary noticed that the next three bodies dragged from the building were not wearing the same uniform as the others. Taking a closer look she noticed that they were wearing Judge robes and the other two a suit. Mary wondered if these bodies belonged to the Judge and Lawyers or they were the decoys used. She had no way of knowing there and the bodies would need to be taken back to a company camp and analysed. If they came back as decoys then the real ones might still be out there. If they were the real ones then she would have to investigate what information the Resistance gained from them before they were killed. If the real ones were killed then it would delay company plans to go ahead with the laws. That Judge was meant to make a decision within 24 hours. Years of work would of been lost. Mary didn’t want to think about it. She just hoped that these bodies were the decoys and the real Judge and Lawyers were still out there - and they haven't been compromised by the Resistance. Mary asked if anyone was found alive and a police officer told her that they found one male who was arrested and taken to a local police station. This was progress. Mary would ahead to the station soon and question this man that the police had arrested. Was he the one that had committed these murders and caused the arson? There was little more for Mary to complete at the scene so she got on her scooter and headed towards the police station where the man was being held.

Patrick stepped out onto the street. His daughter Mary was asleep. He had just said goodnight but she had already fallen asleep. Patrick had to be careful out alone. There had been reports on the news of people going missing. He wondered if Suz was one of them. Patrick carried with him a flashlight. Many of the cities street lights had stopped working and no body had bothered to fix them. There was much focus on building these new gray tall buildings. Patrick thought they were a waste. They ruined the cities skyline and they were not needed. He had no say over them though. All he could do was go to his job and provide for his family. He remembered why he was out here. Suz. The streets were basically empty. There was a stray dog here and there. They did their best to avoid Patrick - likely worried that they would be hurt or captured. Patrick ignored them. A group of youths walked down the road in front of him. They were not much older than his Daughter. He showed them a photo of his wife. They took a quick look at the photo and rudely remarked “Haven't seen her but I’d bang her if I did”. Patrick frowned and put the photo away. The group was drunk and no use. He carried on down the road. Patrick spent the whole night out, walking the streets asking anyone that he came access if they had seen his wife. He had no luck. It was getting close to sunrise. Mary would be waking soon and he wanted to be home when she woke. Patrick started to walk toward home.

Harris reached the transport with the other police officers and the Judge and Lawyers. It was planned to take the Judge to company camp in order to keep them safe. Harris had other plans. He didn’t want the company or the resistance to get their hands on the lawyer. He was quite sure that this Judge and Lawyers were not fake. He had to get rid of the police officers and make it look like it like it wasn’t him. He had organised for one of his old contacts to attack the vehicle. Harris would injury the attacker - leaving the Judge and Lawyer in Harris dept. It was important that the attacker took out the police officers before being killed himself. Harris had arranged a suitable pay package for the plan that would mean the attackers family would always be safe. The attacker had struggled to keep his family safe so he was happy to agree. Harris knew when it was going to happen. He braced himself for impact and undid the belts of the police officers. The Judge and Lawyers didn’t notice. Seconds later a car smashed into their transport. The police officers cars went flying out of the car. Killing them all. The attacker got out of their car and started firing - missing every time. He was ordered to miss. Harris grabbed his weapon and fired his weapon. Twice both shots hit and the attacker dropped to the ground dead. The Judge and Lawyers were tempting. They were safe though. Everything had gone to plan for Harris. The police had been deposed of and the Judge and Lawyers fully trusted him. Both of the cars wouldn’t start. They would have to walk. Harris helped the Judge and Lawyers out of the car. He had a hideout nearby that he would take them to. All four of them had not been badly injured in the attack. A few cuts and bruises. Harris had arranged another team to come in and take away the mess once he had gotten away from the scene. He would take them to safely then he had other plans. Harris stood outside the Resistance headquarters. It was late so it was likely not many would be up. He had left the Judge and Lawyer behind for this. He couldn’t have them here to mess up his plans. He had discovered a secret entrance into the Resistance headquarters that even John Smith didn’t know about. It was created long before the Resistance had taken over the building. Harris made his way though the hidden tunnel. It lead to a hidden hatch in the sleeping quarters. His plan was to kill everyone except for John Smith. He needed John to stay alive. Quietly he crept around the sleeping quarters, slitting the throats of those sleeping. He got to the final room. He was about to slit the mans throat but noticed that it was John Smith. He stopped and moved back. John was too important in his plans to kill. He might come in some use. He moved out of the sleeping quarters. He switched from his knife to a weapon - changing the settings to silent. He didn’t want to wake John. Several resistance fighters were sitting over computer. Harris raised his gun and fired before they could react. Through the glass windows he could see the Judge and Lawyers. He wasn’t sure if these were the decoys or not so decided to switch his weapon to stun and remove take them with him. He switched their clothes with three of the Resistance fighters. When the bodies were found they would just think that the Judge and Lawyers were killed. He needed to do more though. Fiddling with the electricity system he set the place to explode. It was on a timer. Harris would detonate the building once John was removed from the building. He placed the three unconscious bodies of the Judge and Lawyers on a cart and wheeled it towards the sleeping quarters and out the secret tunnel exit. Once he had gotten to a safe distance he gave the police a ring with an anon tip of the location and that there had been an attack. Within minutes he could hear sirens. Harris was at a safe distance and was able to observe the events taking place. He watched as the police banged on the door and access was granted to them. Within minutes of entering the building several of the officers exiting the building with John Smith in cuffs. Harris waiting several more moments before hitting the switch which caused the explosions to explode. A few blocks in front of him he observed the police car whizzing past him - taking John to the police station. Now that Harris had the other two people that could be the Judge and Lawyers and the building had been destroyed, with John arrested he could return to the other Judge and Lawyers. Once Harris returned to his base he placed the unconscious bodies of the Judge and Lawyers in separate rooms. He had six rooms, each two with a judge and judge, and four with lawyer 1, lawyer 2 and lawyer 1, lawyer 2. Three of these people were decoys. It was up to Harris now to sort out who was who.

Patrick sat at the kitchen table. He hadn’t slept. Walking the streets all night in search of his wife. He heard the shower turn off and several minutes later Mary walked into the kitchen. She already had her school uniform on. Patrick had placed several types of cereal on the table along with fresh milk. An two empty bowls sat on the table. Patrick had already eaten, but he had left the dishes to make it seem like Suz had breakfast. “Where’s Mother?”, Mary asked her Father. “She had to leave for work early”, Patrick continued to lie to Mary. “She had breakfast and left her dishes”, he explained to Mary. Patrick pointed to the dishes by the sink. Mary nodded. Patrick was finding it hard to cover how tired he was. Mary picked up on this quickly. “Why are you so tired? Did you not sleep?”, she asked. Patrick replied by telling the truth somewhat. “I couldn’t get to sleep so I went for a walk. Ended up being later than expected”. Mary nodded again but Patrick was sure that she knew he wasn’t telling her everything. Mary stood up from the chair and said goodbye to her Father. Patrick jumped up and opened the front door for her. “Let me drive you” he said. She agreed and they both left the house. Patrick closed the door behind him and the locked the door. His and Mary's cereal sat on the table. Half finished.

John sat in the cell for what seemed like hours. He just steered at the television. The same news reports were repeated over and over again. Police officer were bringing other prisoners in and processing them. But they were just leaving John alone. He had considered yelling out but he thought it might not be best to draw attention to himself. Just after a repeat of the news report of the courthouse finished a woman walked in that he recognised from the courthouse. It was Mary Lynch. She had with her the public relation woman who had given the speech. Pepper he recalled her name was. They both wore the same uniform. Standard issue company outfit, with skirts. John started to panic as they walked towards him. ‘Mr John Smith’, Mary spoke. John stood up. He was speechless. She knew who he was. He was doomed. The company knew who he was. “You are John Smith, leader the Resistance?” Mary asked. She knew that he was the leader. There was no point lying to her. It would only make matter works. John still couldn’t speak. He gave a nod. “Very good”, Mary said. A smile formed on her face. “The Company needs your help. We would like to offer you a partnership”.. John was shocked. The Company coming to him for help after all these years of fighting. Mary held out a folder to John. He snatched it from her hands and opened it up. The images and information that he was looking at was unbelievable. “It seems an old friend of yours has returned”, Mary continued. John flicked though the folder. He knew the man in the photo. He was much older than when John last saw him but it was him. “Harris”. John passed out from shock.


Suz heard the door unlock. She was still cuffed to the chair. There was no defence. All she could hope for would be those that came into the room would not hurt her. The door swung open. A figure wearing a black suit walked in. Their face was covered by a hood. They were male but Suz was unable to see their face features. It was not her husband. He would never do anything like this to her. Another figure followed the first man into the room - carrying a chair. He placed this on the floor the ground near the desk facing Mary and exited the room. The man was still silence but took a seat. Suz was too frightened to speak. She was trembling. The man behind the hood finally spoke. “Do you know why you are here Suz?” he asked her. “I have no idea. I was minding my own business and then you captured me” Suz replied. A frown appeared on the mans face. “We know you are lying Suz. We know you are part of this Resistance uprising”. “I have no idea what you are talking about” Suz spoke, her voice trembling. “You were seen entering a known Resistance area. You can’t keep lying to us Suz. We will find out”. “I’m not lying” Suz screamed at the man. With that the man stood up from the chair and headed towards the door. “We know you are covering something up” the man spoke as he opened the door and walked out. The door locked as he closed it behind him. Suz was still helplessly cuffed to the chair.

When Patrick returned home that evening he found his teenage daughter - Mary home along. It was unusual for his wife to be out this late. He was concerned. He asked Mary if he had seen her Mother since she returned from school. She hadn’t been home all afternoon. He gave her work a call and they told him that she had left work early and didn’t know her whereabouts. Patrick was concerned. This was very much out of character of Suz. He rang the local police station but they said she would have to be missing for 48 hours before they would do anything about it. He could either go out and look for her, or stay home and look after his daughter. He decided to stay home and prepare dinner for himself and his daughter. Once she had gone to bed he would leave the house and search for his wife. He tried to act like everything was fine in order to not frighten Mary in the sudden disappearance of her Mother. They sat at the kitchen table and ate in silence. Patrick had cooked pasta for dinner. It wasn’t as nice as Suzs meals but it was OK. Mary kept asking where her Mother was which didn’t help. Patrick lied and told her that she was working late. He could tell that Mary didn’t believe him. After they finished their food Mary went to her room to study and Patrick cleaned up the table. Washing the dishes he looked out the window into the nights sky. The view was always breathtaking for him. For miles he could see tall skyscrapers. Lots of constriction was taking place. Old buildings where being tored down and replaced by tall gray complex.

Once in the car and driving one of the Resistance members who was a trained medic was able to take a look at Johns arm. The bullet was still in his arm so it was important to extract it out. He gave John a glass of whisky before he started to dig. John held a cloth in his mouth in order to muffle the screaming. They didn’t want to draw any attention to themselves with the Judge and Lawyers in the car. Finally the bullet was removed and the medic threw the bullet out the window. The bleeding continued but the medic wrapped Johns arm in a bandage in order to stop the bleeding. It wouldn’t be long and they would reach the Resistance headquarters. It was rare that any of the Resistance members visited - it was often too dangerous. Today was an exception. They had the Judge and Lawyers and needed to extract information from the about the company. The car pulled up in front of a tall gray building. It looked similar to the companies camp buildings in order to blend it into the enviorment. A voice on the intercom spoke - asking for the password and Identification papers. The medic passed the driver Johns ID papers. The intercom machine scanned the identity paper. The driver also spoke the password. “There is a Pirate in every one of us.” The gates leading into the building and the car drove in. They were safe from the company for now and had the Judge and Lawyer. It had been a successful day. John wanted reports from the other group. The team of Resistance fighters that had been at the other tunnel exit. To his surprise he received intel that a similar tactic was used at the other exit. A green gas bomb was used causing Resistance agents to be temporary paralysed, coughing and squirming similar to the Resistance members at Johns exit tunnel. Looking over the surveillance footage captured by the helpless team he saw the police rise from the tunnel. What shocked John even more was the Judge and Lawyers also followed the police up. Unopposed they were transported off. The finally footage recording was of the company arriving. He watched as one of the people from the company stood over his resistance members. The footage ended. They must of disabled the camera. There was no point sending a team to the 2nd exit tunnel. The Judge and Lawyers would of long gone. John knew now that either the Judges and Lawyer that he had captured were fakes or real. He had no way of knowing. His only option was to take to them and see what information they would give him.

The blood trail had finished. To Mary it looked like vehicle tracks had left the area. Resistance fighters backup must of arrived here. She ordered company troops to search the area for any information. Mary would look around herself for any evidence. She got back onto her scooter and began to scout the area. Out of the corner of her eye she saw something sparkle on the ground. She pulled her scooter over the invested closer. It looked like a standard company bullet covered in blood. These were not usually used. Mary wondered how it got all the way out here. It must of been extracted from the Resistance members body when they were driving away. She thought how it was careless of whoever threw it out the window. It was good for the company though. This was a lead. She pulled a plastic bag from her pocket and bagged the evidence, also noting the location of where it was found. The sun was setting and it was growing late. It was dangerous for company employees to be out after day so she left the scene and drove to a company camp to report and process the information she had gathered.

John looked at the three prisoners behind a glass window. They were unable to see him but he had a view of all of them. They had been separated in order to make it easier to extract the correct information from them. It didn’t bother him that they knew where the Resistance Headquarters was not. If they were decoys or fakes they would be killed and bodies deposed of. If they were the real Judge and lawyers then they would extract the information from them they needed. Once the Resistance had this information they were ready to broadcast their story. It was time for John to have a talk to the prisoners. He would start with one of the lawyers. They would be easier to extract information from - and he needed the less from them. Within minutes of entering the room and speaking to the lawyer he walked out with a smile on his face. It had been a breeze. The same happened with the other lawyer. He handed in his notes that he had taken from each. His team would check the details and get back to him. He was on a roll but the Judge would not be so easy to extract information from. John spent much longer in the room with the Judge but still emerged happy with the information that he had received. It was as it was too easy. He had a growing concern that they may of captured the decoys. He handed the final evidence that he had gathered to his team for processing. It was growing late and he decided to retire to the sleeping quarters. His team would work later tonight processing the information. John would decide in the morning the fate of the prisoners.

When Mary got to the company camp she went straight to the laps and handed in the bullet for processing. She was eager to hear reports from the other tunnel exit. It was highly likely the Resistance managed to get away with capturing both the decoy and real Judge and Lawyers. To Mary's shock she found out that the other team had not returned either. Both the decoy and real Judge and Lawyers had disappeared. This was not good for the Company. Had the Resistance managed to capture both the decoys and real ones? Mary was impressed if they did but disappointed by the actions that would put the company into a compromising position.

Harris was discussed as a police officer. For fifteen years he had no communication with the Resistance. He had gone deep undercover. At some point he forgot he was really working for the Resistance. He loved his job. He loved the company. But he knew that he was really working for the Resistance. That he would be key to exposing the corruption. He had managed to keep his identity hidden. The resistance thought that he had been taken away and his cover blown. This was wrong.

John woke with the screech of police sirens. He sat up suddenly. It took him a moment to realise where he we. The Resistance headquarters. Outside police lights were blazing. He knew something was wrong. He got out of bed and put on his jeans and jacket. He grabbed his car keys and exited the room. If they had came to arrest him he would try to escape. In the main hallway John walked past lines of dead bodies. They were all his Resistance fighters. What had happened here? Looking into the room where the prisoners had been kept brought a frown to his face. The Judge and both Lawyers were dead. Who had done this? The company wouldn't want to kill their own people. This must of been someone else. John couldn't think about who would do this. He heard voices at the main door. Police were yelling, asking to open the door. John had no escape. That was the only exit and his resistance fighters had all been killed. John decided to just open the door and let them in. Cooperating was his only chance of success. He pressed the button that opened the door. He got on the floor and placed his hands over his head. No weapons were nearby so prayed that these police would not just shoot him. Once there was enough room the police burst into the room. Aiming their weapons at John but did not shoot. They cuffed him and read him his rights. Dragging him out of the building he was placed in a police car and taken to the local station for processing. As he was being taken away in the police car John looked out the back window and saw flames and smoke erupting from the Resistances building. Tears flowed down his face. He had came so close to exposing the company but now it was up in flames. The Judge and Lawyer were dead. His only hope was that they were the decoys and that the real ones could still be found. That was looking grim though. All his Resistance fighters had been wiped out, and now the building was on fire. Resistance fighters in hiding would be scared to come out.

John sat in a jail cell alone. He had a view of a television set that was above the police front desk. He was in holding still waiting for be processed. The news was set to channel four. A reporter in his early 20s was outside the courthouse. He was talking about the days events - the laws that was passed, how aggressive the protesters were, how the Judge and Lawyers escaped successfully. There was no mention of the decoys or the fire fight that both the decoys and real Judge and Lawyers were involved with. John guessed that the company got the media to cover this up. He was annoyed that there was no such thing as a free media anymore. They were all under control from the company. The media cut away from reporting the courthouse story and switched to a video of the burning building. John recognised it as the Resistances building. The reporter voice over was saying that the building that was on fire was a company camp that had been attacked by Resistance fighters and burnt. It ended with reports that nobody was found alive in the building and that if anyone had information on the attack and arson to report to their local police station. The channel cut for a short ad break before switching to sports news followed by the weather. Rain.