This is a reflection post on a DevMob 2015 that I attended in Auckland. DevMob is short for Developers Mobile. This was my first unconference that I attended - there was no official

System Message: ERROR/3 (<string>, line 3)

Unexpected indentation.
schedule but it was created before hand and during the event by those attending. Google spreadsheets were used for this. Sessions were given by

System Message: WARNING/2 (<string>, line 4)

Block quote ends without a blank line; unexpected unindent.

the organized by time slots. Time slots were strictly enforced but anyone attending the conference could run a session. Tickets to the event was 100 or so dollars with a 20% discount for students. Those that volunteered were able to attend for free. The event was a two day event so I think it was resemble priced. I was able to attend for free as I signed up to volunteer. I wanted to do AV and record talks. The talks were not recorded due to mostly that the topics that people were discussing could be sensitive and they wouldn't want it uploaded to the internet. Next year if I attend DevMob again I will look at recording one of the streams - if people are going to be talking about sensitive topics then they should not have their talk in that stream. Instead of recording talks like I usually do at Linux/Python Conferences I spent the majority of my volunteer duties washing glasses. This may sound lame but I quite enjoyed it - plus I got to hang out with some cool people when doing so. The majority of the sessions I attended were in the Kai room - near the kitchen. This was a mobile developers conference - united all platforms of mobile - ios, android, windows, html5 and even blackberry (lol). The majority of the talks on day 1 were focused on ios with a call on day 2 for more android talks. There were a couple of Microsoft employers attending who gave a session on Windows phone. I attempted to run a session called 'Towards a new website Creative Commons'. Maybe the title was too general because only myself and another volunteer showed up. I thought Tanya a Creative Commons volunteer would show up but she was too tired. Another volunteer would of showed up to it but she was stuck on the front desk with regisation. I discussed Creative Commons a little with the other volunteer - he had heard about it via Wikipedia, then decided to cancel the session. I headed down stairs and sat near the kitchen with my head on the table - resting. I felt quite crap but I got over it after awhile. The location of the event was Hoobsenville Point Secondary School - one of the newest schools in the country. It is one of the newest schools in the country. It was built in 2013 and opened in 2014. I didn't get to explore the whole school (others were using areas of the school during the weekend also). The areas we were in were large open spaces. There were also smaller break off rooms. It felt like something out of a Valve office. Rooms had large televisions mounted on wheels and apple tvs attached (meh to the apple tvs, i would do raspberry pi computers if it was up to me). For DevMob chromecast was also connected to many of the monitors so people could stream android content. The appletv/chrome cast setup worked excellent and there was little to no technique issues over the two days. I had my Raspberry Pi with me connected to my small portable screen and Wacom tablet. Many were interested in the setup and I have gotten good at explaining it. A small room was used as a hackers room where people did more hardware type of stuff. This was really only on the second day. Android Auto was demoed along with head gear to control computers with your eyes. I setup my Raspberry Pi up in here to give people the chance to have a play. This was successful and was better than running a proper session. Overall i really enjoyed DevMob and would do it again next year - perhaps being more involved leading up to it with web and graphics work.


Hello fellow writers,

We had a fruitful meeting last Wednesday. Unfortunately it was the last time our president Shona could join in on the Wednesday meetings, since she's starting a new job in Katikati.

As you can see, I will be taking over the communication part of Shona's, so I will send e-mails to you all (from the writers den-mailadres in the future) and keep the Facebookpage up to date among other things.

However, we still need one or more persons to chair our meetings in the future... Are there any volunteers? I think it is important there's just one person who just chairs every meeting loosely the way Shona did and who makes after a group´s discussion the final decision on the topic for next time.

Please think about this for yourself and hopefully we can decide on someone/some persons at the next meeting on Wednesday December 16.

With the upcoming holidays in the back of our mind, the topic for next time is Family Feud. If you feel up to an extra challenge, you could try to write it from the point of view of the opposite sex. So, if you are a man, you can try to write from a woman´s perspective and the other way around. This could be more challenging than it sounds - we had an interesting discussion about it last time...

As always your piece shouldn't exceed 500 words.

Obviously work in progress is welcome too if you need some gentle feedback!

Is there anybody who would like to do a small presentation on a topic of personal interest? Last time Sachi got our creative juices flowing by providing an exercise that needed some out of the box thinking.

Furthermore, Jeff gave a brief presentation on how to enter short story and flash fiction competitions and provided us with some helpful writing tips. You can visit the website to read some flash fiction and get inspired.

So, I think that's it for now. Last but not least a word of thanks to Shona: we will miss you and the way you managed our Den! Thanks for your initiative and your useful comments. We hope to see you back at the Sunday meetings once they are going to start...! Keep in touch!

Kind regards and keep writing!


I attended The Learning Connexion between July 2010 and December 2012. My time was spent drawing/painting on-site, and digital painting/3d modeling and coding off-site. My favorite classes were Dan Wilkinson, Roger Key, Gary Freemantle and Marc Hill, but I loved any class that offered a life model. I also spent my time at TLC learning to code in Python. The bus trips in the morning from Newtown to Taita consisted of me typing Python code, and returning home. I was running Ubuntu on my systems. Returning home each night, I would upload the drawings I had produced that day and blog about them. Some nights I reached 2000+ word count. It was mostly self reflection notes about the day and they drawings - talking about all technical aspects of the works - line, tone, areas that could be improved on, I never did computers on-site but taught myself digital painting (GIMP)and 3d modeling (Blender) at home. I wanted to be a concept artist - but I fit into being a technical artist.

Drawing, digital painting, writing, game development/publishing, Linux sysadmin, av volunteer at tech conferences and coding (still Python) is my day to day go to.

Linux Debian 8 runs on the majority of machines. Art and games are licensed under a Creative Commons (CC BY 4.0) and code under MIT. I like these licenses as they are the most liberal.

I have several sites that I have built over the years - to host content that I have created. The Art Of William Mckee:

ArtControl has been around since before I started at TLC. It's used to host my artwork. A mixture of traditional and digital artworks. During my time at TLC it was filled with life drawings. I would get home after a long day of life drawing, upload my drawings and discuss them. The site greatly improved my writing skills. Word Counts skyrocketed - reaching over 2000 words in a evening. Nowadays the site doesn't get uploaded as much but I aim to put some digital paintings up now and then.

BroBeur Studios:

BroBeur Studios is a one man game development and publishing powerhouse. Formed in March 2013 with the goal of taking artwork from into Video Games. ArtControl had previously done some game development but I wanted an alternative site and identity for the game dev. BroBeur Studios creates games in Unity3d and Python. BroBeur takes many elements from ArtControl but extends them further with 3d, gamedev, and publishing. BroBeur also builds software. Lately I have been working on post production video editing. This is done with Python. One of my latest scripts opens up a random selection of images from a folder - then blends and mixes them together, and saves the results. Other Python programs I have worked on are web scalping (bbc news, various adult sites, and even the TLC sites). I'm getting it to do a bunch of cool stuff along the way - such as adding black bars to the top and bottom of the screen, text, and buzzy image results. Each time I hit run I have no idea of the results. A surprise each time. In future I plan on mixing these post production image effects with my video games and work on editing a film/television show. I use GIT for source control and host everything on Github. Working on a game for a television show or film is also on the list. I've previously worked on a Dune game that was inspired during reading of the book. Game Of Thrones and The Hobbit/LOTR are other IPs that I have explored in Game Design. Games are cross platform - focusing on web, Linux and Android. Some say my games are not games but more of an art experience. I like to think of them as cinematic adventure games. Largely influenced by game development companies such as such as Telltale (The Walking Dead), Blizzard, Double Fine, and Lucas Arts. I want to make games that feel and play like television shows and movies. A shift has been made away from game development and into software and operating system development. It's an area I'd like to get back into - especially with the discovery of the game engine Godot. Godot is similar to Unity3d but is crossplatform.


This weekend it will volunteer at nzdevmob2015. It's being held in Auckland. Volunteering was the only option. Of course specifically - audio and video. They called it in early to help setup with displays. It plans to be in a room where there are regular speakers. A room where it is focused on quality talks - with slides. It has no idea about the video and audio setup they have. Perhaps in the morning check the internet for previous conference videos. Even if it comes down to it - records audio on iphone. Hopefully place has decent mics and a camera.

This is the first time that it has attended this conference. It's a barcamp. un-conference. Create the sessions yourself. Given rooms, timeslots, freedom to do what you like.

Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand - Ideas for a new website. How to find volunteers and allow them to micromanage. Champion volunteers within volunteers. One of the great things about this conference is the people attending get to run the sessions. I would love to see one that explores volunteers in small organizations and how they can scale and micromanage. Matt replied to my comment on a new ccanz site. I've suggested to move away from php/wordpress and towards either a python powered framework or a static site - maybe a combo of both. See how this weekend plays out but I'll be interested in a session to discuss and brainstorm ccanz site.

I'm going to be staying at Kirsty and Eriks on Thursday and Friday. It's my birthday on Friday. I've been asked to help setup at nzdevmob2015. I'm looking forward to seeing the setup that they have. It should be quite good - they have been doing this for enough years. They are using Slack for coms. It's the first time that I will use Slack but it seems very simple. It's like IRC but you have the option to pay for it, as well as it seems more simple. I'm looking forward to all the free swag. It's been sometime since I've been to a Microsoft sponsored conference - global game jam would of been the last one - and that was a game jam. Before that it might have been Hack Auckland - which was years ago now. Other sponsors include TradeMe,

Last month I wrote a novel. It was called It Will Not Be Mine and was in the Science Fiction genre. The total wordcount was at 53,050 words. Each section of the book is split into daily writing sections. There is no chapters or structure - just what I felt like writing that day. I've certainly kept to a theme and worked on creating a story. I started to edit the novel towards the end of November. The 28th was the final day I wrote anything of substance. On the 29th and 30th of November I wrote: 'hello' and 'world'. When editing I started with day1. It had a high word count for the first day and allot of summery type writing, along with the ideas that others at NaNoWriMo meet up in Waikato had given me.

The meet ups in November in Hamilton were on every Wednesday morning. I got along to several of these. Sadly it was a bad time - 10am in the morning so the majority of people were at school or work. I think if you are going to have meet ups during the week it's best to have them at a bar, bookstore, or library. In Wellington they had weekly NaNoWriMo Wednesday meet ups at a bar. I didn't get a chance to attend one of these but talking to those in Wellington they sounded popular. Waikato also had a meet up on Saturdays. This was hosted by Lisa at her workplace. This was for only 2 hours. Like during the week not many people showed up which was a disappointment. On each of the days of this event we only had three people in total in the weekends. The first weekend was popular - 9 or so people. They found this in Wellington also - lots at the launch party but they drop off quickly.

After writing for a whole month everyday i felt a bit empty and unknown what to do with myself. I had gained a habit of writing the novel everyday. It was basically my life for a whole month. There was not much else that I did or was interested in. From when I woke up in the morning till getting a boost on that days word count before I fell asleep.

I stopped editing the novel. I'm not even going to look at it till Jan 2016. Once Jan hits I'd like to edit it. There are plenty of spelling and grammar errors that need fixed. It's currently a rough draft. Much of the novel I haven't even read.


currently sitting at chch airport after spending the weekend here for kiwiPyCon. My experience started when I showed up at Catalyst IT on Thursday and volunteered for AV.

Brian was running the AV who I had previously worked with at LCA2015. The setup for AV was much the same as at LCA.

Four of us were trained (or in my case - refereshed) for AV. Toby (who primary did still photography), Jen (who worked in track one on the camera), and Zane (who worked with me in track 2). I had originally signed up to work on track one but shifted around on the Saturday morning.

On the Friday I arrived at 8:30am and setup to record the keynote. I was going to film it but Ryan suggested that it would be a good idea to let someone who hadn't filmed before have a go - so I let Jen on the camera. I was switched to track two.

I arrived on time on Saturday to watch the keynote by Katie Bell. I left partway thorough the keynote to setup video in track two.

Recording of the first talk began after morning tea. DVswitch was the software for recording - the ability to live edit - switching between the camera and laptop with keys 2 and 3 allows the videos to be uploaded to the internet with minimal editing.

The day was smooth with minimal problems. The most major problem was at the beginning of a talk I was unable to switch to the slides. The frame would just freeze on the camera. I kept it on the camera and contacted Ryan. DVswitch had to be reset and some settings changed to get the laptop feed working.

By the final session on Saturday I was tired and needed a break. Zane took over the camera - he needed a break from the sound. I stayed for a bit to make sure Zane was fine with camera duties, then headed outside for some fresh air.

On Sunday morning I slept in and awoke at 8am. I knew I was going to miss some of the keynote but wasn't worried as I wasn't filming it. I txted Ryan to let hime know that I would be late and will arrive partway through the keynote.

I took turns with Zane on the Sunday switching between camera and sound. I also had the opitionity to mic presenters which I hadn't done before.

There were less talks on the Sunday than Saturday so wasn't so worn out.

After the conference finished I walked from the university to Hornby. It wasn't as bad walk as I was expecting, taking an hour.

What am I inspired to work on after attending KiwiPyCon?

One of the most inspiring talks for me was a lightning talk given by a girl catrin who talked about CodeClub, and Ministry Of Education. I talked to her after the lightning talks at afternoon tea.


The first KiwiPyCon I attended was back in 2013. The location was the AUT campus in Centeral Auckland This year it is in Christchurch. I have been typing python code since 2011 so it took me 'several years to discover the conference. In 2013 I was living in Levin and took the night bus from Levin to Auckland on Friday night. I arrived at KiwiPyCon early on Saturday morning. I had paid for a student/unwaged ticket. I didn't attend the dinner on Saturday night. I had my dell laptop with me and can remember typing python code with IPython Notebook. I didn't attend KiwiPyCon last year in Wellington. Bit silly of me really - but I did watch the talks on YouTube. This year I applied for finacial assistence and they were very generious - my ticket was paid for along with $100.00 towards my travel. I am going to be staying at a friends of a friends place in chch. It's a caravan so unlikely to be anything special. I'm not worried though - as long as I have a roof over my head and a shower I will be fine. The caravan is located at a park where there are showers and such.

This year is the first year that the conference is 3 full days. In the past its been just the Saturday and Sunday. Though I believe in the past they have had tuturials on the friday.

I've taken a look at the talks. I need to decide on what track to go to - 1 or 2. Things I'll mostly be interested in hearing about: Web Development. API, static blogs, design. robotics. Raspberry Pi. Education.

I am less interested in database and cloud related topics. Things like Openstack.

I am planning to work on Nikola on the Friday. In the afternoon there are beginner tuturials, and sprints.

There was a call on the mailing list for people to give a interest of any topics to sprint on. There was mention of pip, and my Nikola. The creator of Nikola Roberia even expressed interest to me on Twitter that he may be advable for hours/day if it goes ahead. I'd like to see it happen. I will be working on it and encourage others to join me.

I'm not sure what types of people I would get. Some may be experts with static blogs. Others may never of heard of them. I'll be willing to help people in getting started with Nikola, but the best thing to do is read the site and use it before the spring.

Ideas for spring - Excel doc. Lists all issues.

In November there is the NaNoWrite. Write 50,000 word novel. 2014 was the first year I attempted this. I'd like to write a self biologey. Or maybe a autobiography on someone. My best friend Peter could be interesting to write 50,000 words about. It might be better to take his character and write it into a fiction character

Currently sitting in Auckland airport. I have my boarding pass and just waiting to board. It's an overcast day, but it's not raining suprisinly. When I first arrived I had a panic attack and went through the security without getting my boarding pass. As soon as I was through security I relized my mistake and went back to collect my boarding pass.

Currently I am on flight to christchurch. The takeoff was smooth and I have an excellent window view of New Zealand. Just experienced a little turtalence but it was minor. The flight is only going to take an hour. We are above the clouds and looking down all I can see is ocean and some coastline. I was sitting at the wrong gate - I thought it was gate 30, but but turns out it was gate 21. I noticed when someone else was asking about Jetstar and they were redirected. I quickly packed my Pi up and headed to the correct gate. I was one of the last thoough the gate but I wasn't late. There is no free food or drink on this flight. I have a bottle of water and two sandwhichs. They are in my bag though which is in the overhead lockers. Once I land in Chch I will put on warm clothes, eat my food. I then need The food and drink service has just closed - we have almost arrived in chch.

In Python related news the third and final keynote has been announced - Alison ? who works for Dropbox. This means that there is three female keynote speakers at KiwiPyCon. This has to be a first. It's great there is such a large number but I do hope they are not keyspeakers just because they are female.

Katie comes from a education background so the talk will likely not be very techniqaual. Lets hope it's not wishy washly.

Once they announce trays up I'm going to switch off the pi and pack it into my laptop bag.

The flight is almost over. It was a smooth flight but my stomach is a bit sore.

The mountains have snow on them. It is very mountionous. This has to be the south island.

Sadly I left my camera at home. I guess it's one thing I won't lose.

The plane is almost completely full - I'm at the back row (30) and there is no one in the five seats beside me. '

Time to shutdown. Till we arrive.

testing the pi!

Tonight I went to CatalystIT and heled cutting volcous items. First was

Rules for hackathons: If you get asked to volunteer you must. AV is preference but you must be involved early.

Build website for each hackathon.

Build static site for hackaton.

Cooking sms app. Testing file one two. Three.

Topics of interest. Static Blogs. Nikola. Debian. Fedora. CentOS, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, TAILS, Red Hat,


Ideas for growing Creative Commons

Hold monthly Creative Commons meetups in major cities. Everyone welcome. Hook volunteers. Pizza and Drinks. Have a speaker/problem pitch and sprint structure. Open Education Resource Creation. Short two hour sprint on creating open education resources. Find sponsers for the meetups if need be.

More Twitter. Another Twitter account.


It's over. Complete. The mission was a success. Who knows what will happen now? The vision had gotten worse for Detective. He wasn't able to move the past as fast as he use to be able to. He knew he would be waking up on the ship soon. He knew he didn't have long left. Detective had one last mission that he needed to finish before he awoke agin. He had gained great acrieciy when the event was going to happen. He was preped for returning to the ship. There were several seniours that he went over in his head. The first was that he awoke and Antony was sitting in front of him, likely drinking a cup of coffee. Another is he awakes and no body is there, and no body ever shows up for him. He awakes strapped to an empty ship with no help on the way. With luck help would be on the way. A woman called Vanessa should find the ship and get Detective out of there - taking him back to Mars. This was the plan and what he had worked so hard to make sure that it came true. It was a new city and a new place to check. After about twenty or so files they had found that they were finding some of the documents to be corrupt. Detective didn't know how they could of happened but it happened. They found the files had been scanned with a code that had caused to them to mofify the virus. Well let's check who could of modified them and why. Although after about twelve or so more steps the files had some of their ids back. It was going to take the robots a long time to modify the files so that they are fully working. The robots designed a file system that allowed them to decode it quicker. It would take the file and fun hushes through it. When a correct hash worked they would move it aside. After billions of hashes had passed and filted then the file was able to be viewed. They were not sure if the file was completely pure and that changes may of corrupted the file. They attempted to run the new file hashes against the old corrupted file. Corruption that didn't seem right. It was a test to see if the bots could decrupt it. Once they successfully decrypted the file they were able to send it back to the original traveler that send them the file. The aliens believed that this would of been Detective. They believed that it was him that was collecting the files for the collection. After the files were gathered the robots were wiped of the data in the files. They couldn't have the robots knowings what was happening with the files. Woop bang. Why not tell the robots what research they are doing? Because they wiped the robots minds in order to control them lead to the robots later releazing that the files were corrupt. This lead to more issues with the file types.

Sarahs space training missions were over she had successfully completed the cource and she was a winner. After she knew she would be sent on the real mission into space. This is what she always wanted to do. It was after two or three curruption issues that they decided to no longer wipe the robots brains. They would wipe on reboot. Every morning when the robots were started up in the classrooms their memories were wiped. This meant that they could be fresh everyday. Students and teachers had to be carefuly that they didn't leave files on the machines as they would be wiped on reboot. Teachers and students often learnt the hardway when they left files on it not backed up. The schools decided to create a script that would backup and changes the bots had done at the end of the day and give the ability for them to be rebooted. After Sarah had finished her mission she was able to take a break. She spent the majority of this time cooking and baking - something she enjoyed. She knew that she would never be contacted again.

Vanessa had reviewed all the footage and research that was created. She had found that some had corrupted and that they were unable to launch the ships. Someone had gone back and changed the files so that the files were working again.

Where do we last see Antony? He is last spotted on the ship that he escaped Mars with. There is no evidence to show that he was around afterwards.

Vanessa looked out over the landscape of Mars. She had returned with Detective. There had been no sign of Antony on board but Detective was safe. Detectives parents would be happy that he was safe. They were worried that he was dead when he collapsed onto the floor. Since after the return to Mars Vanessa had found it that hard to concentrate. Something had changed in the past that meant she was experiencing headaches on Mars. She was having visions of other timelines on Mars. The timeline she was experiencing was the robotic uprising where the robots have expanded their empire further to the Mars. All around Vanessa were massive robotic built buildings to house all the bots. Everyday more robots were created. It was their goal to over load Mars with robots she that they would be a max producitivy. They had found that Earth had grown too crowded with bots and the only way to expand the bots was to find new planeted. They had launched bots from spaceships into space to travel to Mars. On that day 6b345 had given a speech. It was this day that Loth'Rak had shown up on their planet. They had never heard of Loth'Raks race before so they were quite suprised to see him showup. The robots on Mars were contributing towards the research that was being completed by all the timelines. They were quite happy to do it. They knew they were giving back to the historand future of the universe. Antonys wrist crunched as he moved his arm. He had been waiting for Detective to wake. Blood driped from Detectives forehead. The events that Detective was experiencing was changing him. At some points his body would change. Some of the events that Detective was involved with caused his skin to develop red sores. It's halfway there says the files. After a awhile they got better at picking up the errors. They had multiply monitors setup for analizing the information that was coming through and making sure that they were correct. If something was found to be be corrupted then they would set it aside and try to work out what was wrong with it. They had data coming from a range of different timelines, it was hard to keep up with it excatly. On the first and final of the object calls they decided that it would work out better to get some of the robots on board to start the analizing. They found it was quicker to have them look over the requests and report back if the files were ok or corrupted. If it was found to be corrupt a special group of robots would take a look at the file and analize what had happened to it. The files that had been corrupted were massive and couldn't be kept on some of the timelines due to techniqual reasons. They decided to have one timeline that was focused on the data collection and pull the data int from other lines from there. The training had made Sarah thirst and she made herself a large smoothy. It was a simple recipe. Her Mother use to make this and she followed suit. It contained fresh berries and coconut water. Some people tried to make it fancy with adding milks and bananas and ice cream. Sarah always thought this was too much of an over kill - decided instead to keep it simple with her ingredients. She sipped the blended drink. It was very refreshing. Sarah managed to drink the whole glass. She had thought about saving some for later but she decided she would just make another later if she wanted to. She rinsed the empty glass and loaded it into the dishwasher. With the blender she filled it with some warm water and loaded it back into the blender - turning it on to pulse to clean the container. She left it on the bench to dry. Her training had finished and she was waiting to hear what her real mission would be. They had kept even her training very secectrive and were doing the same for the mission. Even her boss didn't really know what she was going to be invloved with. This came from a much higher up place. She was going to be transfered from the training grounds where she had lived for the past 6 months to a new area where the mission would be completed from. It would likely invovlve some space travel. Certainly her training had preped her for space travel. She was told that there was a chance that she wouldn't make it back from the mission and that she should make peace with anyone on Earth before leaving. She was given 3 days to contact people and meet with them about what was going to happen next. There is still another file left to transfer they found. It was causing a major glitch in the system which meant one of the travelers was having problems with getting back to their own time. The robots worked around the clock in order to try to fix the glitch but they were having major issues with getting it to work correctly. Once they finally got the file glitch fixed the traveler was able to get back to their own time. They were not sure about how much was infected with the system. The robots were worried that the traveler would of suffered brain damage if it was human or alien. If it was mechanical they would be able to fix themselves. Oh well it's fixed now but they wish they could check the harm that the files had done. They needed a reporting system that would let them know the details of the traveler. The traveler had a tracking device on them that may of allowed them to test the files. The robots put it down to either Antony or Detective that was the current traveler that they were tracking. System wasn't getting the information back quick enough and it meant it wasn't worked correctly. What would happen if they got all the character in the same room? Sarah died before Vanessa was even born so in that respect it wouldn't be posible to have so many characters in the room. Vanessa is one of the only characters that doesn't experience the traveling. She begins to experience the problems with it, gaining some of the syntons that the travelers experienced. It isn't quit sure why they Vanessa experienced the side effects of the traveling when she didn't do any traveling herself. It's thought that because she was there when key moments happened - like on Antonys ship that it may of passed onto her through that. It's not completely clear though. Vanessa was smart in how she brought Detective back to Mars but she didn't expect that Antony had planted a virus in his system so that it would infect the people of mars when they returned to mars. The population of Mars had increased over the years. Antony had actived the 80,000 humans that had been sent to Mars in order to preserve mankind. Scientists on Earth who send the humans to Mars were worried that keeping them preserved might interfear with their ability to have children. This hadn't been the case and children were being born on Mars on a regular basics. They were starting to attend schools and growing up themselves. These are children that have no sense on what it would be like to live on Earth. Detective was amongest these people that were born and grew up on Mars. There were reports that he may of been one of the 80,000 that were sent to Mars but this was later confirumed to be false. There was no evidence to show this. Over time false information in the reports would be fixed and corrected. Detectives parents were part of the 80,000 that were preserved on the Mars. Detective died the day of the takeover of Antonys power. He collabsed on the lounge floor of his bedroom. His body was stone cold dead. Antony showed up though and grabbed his body, taking him onto the ship and sending Detective back in time to change certain events. This is the only time that Detective went back. In Detectives world he was gone for several years but in the past he lived out entire lifetimes. The research only covers some of the events and there is allot that he would of lived through that wasn't covered. He may of died serveral times in the past. This was another area that wasn't sure in what was happening. What happened to Detective when he died in one time? Does he switch to another time or timeline. He is killed at the presidents speech when the presidents car becomes under attack. The humans find the alien substance in his body and attempt to extract it. This extraction greatly improves the humans tech. If Detective doesn't go back and give the humans the tech they are wiped out to begin with. This is one of the main reasons why Detective is sent back - to help make sure that the human race lives on after the Earth is wiped out. Why would Antony want the humans to survive? Antony is part human to start with. Having the humans on Mars gives Antony power over them. If they were all wiped out he would be left on Mars alone. He had created Blitz with some of the supplies that he had taken from the Earth. This was a creature that was part alien, part human, and part cat. It was a strange creature. Antony thought it was a wonderful creation and was proud of his creation. Blitz looked similar to antony as the human and alien genes Antony had used for Blitz where from him. The cat genes were from an unknown cat that Antony had a sample of their dna. It worked though, the original cat dna had mixed successfully with the alien and human dna. Why did Antony choose cat as an animal to mix his genes with? When Antony was first brought to Earth by his Father Loth'Rak his host family had a cat that Antony grew close with. Sadly this cat passed away after a few years. The Family continued to get more cats as each one died. The family certainly were not a dog family. Sometimes the cats would die quite quickly - the road they lived on was busy and cars would speed up and down the road. Often the cars would be crossing the road and be hit by a car. This made the Family sad - especially Antony. This is why Antony decided on cat as the animal to mix genes with. The other reason is that he found the cat to be the most successful mix. He had attempted other mixes such as a bee before the cat but these had been largly unsuccessfuly. After about the last unsussful attempt Antony was almost ready to give up. This had stopped him from comppleteing the mission successfully. h well lets see how this goes. Loth'Rak left Antony on Earth in order to make sure that someone part of his race lived on. This didn't work though. Antony was driven from Earth and became savage on Mars. They needed to find out what drived Antony from Earth and if they could fix it. The research showed that it was an event that happened at his school. He had shown his alien form to another student and that student had told her teacher. The teacher didn't believe the student. Camera footage was reviewed and showed Antony switching to alien form. The media and militery got hold of this - swooping in. Antony managed to escape Earth and hide out in Mars until Sarah arrived. Antony had planned on activing the humans himself but needed the robot 6b345 to do so. They had the private key that would unlock the humans on Mars. It was going to be tough telling the humans that the rest of them had been cleakilled on Earth. It wasn't a fun subject to bring up with the humans of Mars but it was part of their history and something that they should learn about. What happened on Earth was something that was taught in schools to the children on Mars. They learnt how the Antony used the robots to destory Earth. They learnt that it was Antonys fault that everything happened. It was nobody else. Some of the people on Mars believed that Antony hadn't done anything wrong and it was Sarah that was at fault. Sarah should of never agreed to the mission on Earths Moon. There were arguements between the two groups - almost leading towards a war. The only thing that stopped the war was the fact that the research was released that showed all the different senerious that could happened. This helped create peace between the two groups.